Upgrade selenium version in studio

At the moment, it looks like studio runs with Selenium version 2.53. Selenium 3.0 is out and is way ahead in version. will be good to keep it up to date

At the moment, it looks like studio runs with Selenium version 2.53. Selenium 3.0 is out and is way ahead in version. will be good to keep it up to date

Hi Natarajan Krishnamurthy,

Thanks for sending suggestion.
We also plan to upgrade the core Selenium to its latest version. However, as consulted by our development team, there could be some compatible issues with Firefox driver while the new Selenium 3 might not bring many useful features.
We have logged an internal ticket for follow-up activities though and will keep you informed should there be any progress on this ticket.

Let us know if you have any feedback.

Hi there,

Katalon Studio 5.1 has upgraded Selenium to version 3.7.1, which is the latest one when I type this. So feel free to use it.

I would like to close this ticket for now.

Regards

Thank you for choosing Katalon Studio as your automation solution.

Your feedback is needed to make Katalon Studio a better tool, take the survey at: https://goo.gl/S25NVO

Oliver
Thanks so much and really appreciate the quick delivery. I am downloading the new version as we speak. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Krish

Thanks, everyone. I’m gonna close this discussion now. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to start a new one. We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

and could you pls provide a way to upgrade the selenium version? because I need selenium 4(Selenium 4 alpha) which can help us resolve our problem.

Hey @tojoykorea

I’m glad to let you know Katalon Studio version 8.2.1.alpha upgrading to Selenium version 4.1.0 and Appium Java Client version 8.0.0-beta is now available.

Download it from our GitHub Repo. You can refer to our blog for the top features of Selenium 4 to look into.

Happy Testing

Jass