Unique property finding in Mobile Testing

Hi,

Our mobile app is build using Xamarin forms and we cannot able to retrieve resource-id or content-desc for dropdown fields.

But we are able to get the resource-id and content-desc by using Xamarin android build application.

Is there any property need to be set from the development side to retrieve the resource-id property or content-desc to the fields.

Can you help me out to find the solution as this is being a show stopper to proceed with mobile testing

Screenshot for mobile repository retrieved

Thanks in advance.

Testing is the process in which hardware and software of mobile being test.

Hi,

We are using Xamarin.Forms to develop cross-platform apps. We use Katalon for automating the functional testing activities.

The automated testing tool will use the output generated by the program (similar to the HTML contents generated for webpages).
The output will have multiple controls used in the forms.

Normally for any Android application the control will be identified by the automation tool from the output using the attribute "Resource-id” or “Content Desc”.
But for the forms generated using Xamarin forms we don’t have these two attributes. Because of this we are not able to locate the control and use it in automation testing.

These attributes are not available for all controls (Button, Entry, Picker, Date Picker, Time Picker, Checkbox, Radio button, List view, etc.) in the output produced by Xamarin.Forms.
But these attributes are available if the form is developed using other native development tools like Android studio.

We have tried using unique identification through the properties X:Name, AutomationId, x:Uid,AutomationProperties.Name. But these are not retrieved in Katalon Automation tool.

Kindly suggest on how to identify any control without “Resource-ID” or “content desc” attributes for the controls in the applications developed using Xamarin.Forms.

Hi Team ,

Shall I have any update on this point?

For me, I can able to retrieve the content-desc from automation properties. But still, I cannot able to retrieve the resource id for the control. Kindly help me on this point.