Unable to reach Chrome Error when tried to Replay the Recorded Script or Manual

Hello All, I am new to this tool and learning to see if it fits our project.

I recorded a basic login script and tried to Run it on chrome. The browser got opened successfully but unable to navigate to the URL with the error ‘Unable to reach Chrome’. Hence the script always fails.

Even the pop-up on the browser initiated do not show ‘this browser is operated through automated tool’ warning.

I tried all the options that I could find online but couldn’t get it addressed. Please help.

Hi Pradeep,

To help us address your issue, can you provide me some screenshots of this one?

Regards

Thanks for your response
Attached the doc with steps followed. Please take a look.

Katalon_Issue_reported_svpradp.docx

Also, I tried using the latest driver as you recommended in below post but that hasnt resolved the problem.

Can I ask which Chrome version you are using? Please try to update current chromedriver to latest version with this guide and re-execute your test case:
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Update+or+Replace+Web+Browser+Drivers+and+Selenium

From the chrome site you recommended in the other post - I fetched this driver version - chromedriver - 2.35.528161

By default - I got this version with Katalon studio - 2.33.506120

Both versions dint work.

Chrome version - Version 63.0.3239.132

Also, I do not have access to the above katalon docs URL. Please help.

Hi Vinh Nguyen, I see that I have access to the above location - https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Update+or+Replace+Web+Browser+Drivers+and+Selenium

but this hasnt helped me resolve this issue. Do I have any other alternative?

Hi, i face the same issue with Chrome. Were you able to resolve this ?

hi Just uninstall and re install latest chrome browsers and try again it will work

I tried reinstalling, it did not work for me.
Could you pls help me!

The workaround can be to install chrome extension manually via code. Try the below code import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptions import org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilities import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory //Set chromedriver path ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions(); DesiredCapabilities capabilities =new DesiredCapabilities(); capabilities.setCapability(ChromeOptions.CAPABILITY,options); System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\xyz\\chromedriver.exe"); ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(capabilities); DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver) WebUI.navigateToUrl('http://www.google.com')

Thanks, Nishanth Patnaik. This workaround helped me, the browser launched the URL.