Error: Chrome not reachable. I found this issue 3 times out of 5 times ,while execute script /spy obj/recording chrome browser

Hi,

While I try to capture object via spy web or execute my script in chrome, most of

the times I found chrome is not opening. After some time attached error popup. My

katalon version is 4.6 and installed chrome browser version is “59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)”. It’s very irritating to go to task manager and kill the entire chrome instance again & again. Sometimes Spy web is also stopping working in chrome. I am using in my current project, kindly guide me soon. Adding the screen shot below.Thanks.

ChromeError.JPG

Regards

Manoranjan

Sorry for late responses. This issue has been kept note and later will be implemented as an improvement to allow you quickly kill driver processes in later releases.

Hi I am facing the below issue. While executing the script, Chrome does not input the URL to launch the AUT/website:

Test Cases/test FAILED because (of) Unable to open browser with url: ‘’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: chrome not reachable

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.35.528161 (5b82f2d2aae0ca24b877009200ced9065a772e73),platform=Windows NT 6.1.7601 SP1 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

Command duration or timeout: 61.97 seconds

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

System info: host: ‘xxxxxxxx’, ip: ‘xx.0.0.xxx’, os.name: ‘Windows 7’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘6.1’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_102’

Driver info: driver.version: CChromeDriver)

Please help

Hi, was any there solution found for this problem? I’m unable to record any test cases on a chrome browser due to the same error (refer to the attached screenshot)

Chrome error.PNG

Megha Sharma said:

Hi, was any there solution found for this problem? I’m unable to record any test cases on a chrome browser due to the same error (refer to the attached screenshot)

I have not received any response on my reported issue. However, installing the Katalon Recorder plugin on Chrome browser might resolve your issue. I am able to record scripts on Chrome but not able to playback.

The workaround can be to install chrome extension manually via code. Try the below codeimport org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriverimport org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptionsimport org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilitiesimport com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory//Set chromedriver pathChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();capabilities.setCapability(ChromeOptions.CAPABILITY, options);System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\xyz\\chromedriver.exe");ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(capabilities);DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver)WebUI.navigateToUrl('http://www.google.com')

Nishith Patnaik said:

The workaround can be to install chrome extension manually via code. Try the below codeimport org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriverimport org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptionsimport org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilitiesimport com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory//Set chromedriver pathChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();capabilities.setCapability(ChromeOptions.CAPABILITY, options);System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\xyz\\chromedriver.exe");ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(capabilities);DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver)WebUI.navigateToUrl('http://www.google.com')

Hi Nishith, where should I be adding this code? I can record steps when I use Katalon extension in the chrome browser, but cannot record directly via the app itself. I get the attached error. Any thoughts?

Katalon extension error.png

You need to install the Katalon Addon for Chrome. Please see below URL.

Installing this should enable you to record steps. Once you do that, if playing the recorded script is an issue, try the code i had shared earlier.

Nishith Patnaik said:

You need to install the Katalon Addon for Chrome. Please see below URL.
https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/configure-katalon-studio-web-automation-test-project/

Installing this should enable you to record steps. Once you do that, if playing the recorded script is an issue, try the code i had shared earlier.

I do have the extension installed, and I am able to record steps when I use the extension directly via chrome browser, but cannot record steps when I try to record a test case in Katalon studio by using record web feature. Web recorder is displayed when I click on record web option but I get the above error as soon as I click on the chrome browser option.