Chrome issue: Unable to launch the web browser

Hi team, I encountered a

chrome issue. i had installed chrome but when i use chrome to record website there will show not installed error message. And the chrome version i use is 71.0.3578.98

WIN 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Katalon Studio ver 5.10.1
Google Chrome ver 71.0.3578.98(64-bit)

Hope to hear soon from you. Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

Could you try to upgrade your chrome to latest version?

Please have a look at the following post, and try to get chromedriver.log somehow.

Once you get the chromedriver.log, you will find such a log message in it for example.

[1526012674.637][INFO]: Launching chrome: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-background-networking --disable-client-side-phishing-detection --disable-default-apps --disable-hang-monitor --disable-popup-blocking --disable-prompt-on-repost --disable-sync --disable-web-resources --enable-automation --enable-logging --force-fieldtrials=SiteIsolationExtensions/Control --ignore-certificate-errors --load-extension="C:\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.4.1\configuration\resources\extensions\Chrome\Object Spy,C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir10832_12653\internal" --log-level=0 --metrics-recording-only --no-first-run --password-store=basic --remote-debugging-port=12067 --test-type=webdriver --use-mock-keychain --user-data-dir="C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir10832_25782" data:,

This is the exact command line which ChromeDriver executed to start Chrome browser. In other words, this line shows here Katalon Studio expects Chrome browser is installed. Please check if the chrome.exe is there as the command line expects.

Could you please try the version 6.0.6 beta and let us know?

Have the latest version of Chrome i.e 74.0.3729.131.

Any further help?

Hi @zhangdan_19851119, @shiksha.srivastava,

Please update Katalon Studio to the v6.1.4

Thanks.

Check the location where the drivers are installed. In my case, the folder containing the Chrome Driver was completely eradicated. No idea how that happened.

Thank you, It did work for me. :slight_smile: