Unable to move Object from one folder to another

I have created a new folder under “Object Repository” and am attempting to move an object from an existing folder to this new folder. I am getting a error message stating “Unable to move the selection: null”. I click the OK button to dismiss the dialog and see that the object has NOT been moved. I close the Katalon application and then re-launch it. The object has now been moved to the correct folder.
Is this a known defect and if so, when will it be fixed?

1. Try to move object
2. Should still result in already mentioned error message
3. Rename Object
4. Results in moving object to target folder without renaming

pj wittman said:

I have created a new folder under “Object Repository” and am attempting to move an object from an existing folder to this new folder. I am getting a error message stating “Unable to move the selection: null”. I click the OK button to dismiss the dialog and see that the object has NOT been moved. I close the Katalon application and then re-launch it. The object has now been moved to the correct folder.
Is this a known defect and if so, when will it be fixed?

I can’t reproduce this issue. Please help to provide Katalon Studio logs as pointed from here: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/read-this-first-before-reporting-an-issue-bug#latest

I’m running into this issue as well. The problem is the algorithm used to set default object names is creating invalid names. On the one hand, I should be more deliberate about naming objects. I’m new to this application. On the other hand, the application shouldn’t be generating names it can’t process. This is the adjusted error from my logs…

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:/[project-path]/Object%20Repository/Page_Create%20Blah%20%20Blah%20Blah/html_Create%20Blah%20%20Blah%20Br.rs; lineNumber: 164; columnNumber: 14; The character sequence “]]>” must not appear in content unless used to mark the end of a CDATA section.

I am able to open the object in the Web Object Spy. I don’t see the string it is referencing ("]]>"). Re-saving the object does not help.

Have the same problem when “Create new folder(s) as page’s name” not checked! And if I check it, and the test case created, I cant delete the new folders!
Log and screenshot attached.
“Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.”

.log

Katalon-studio-error.jpg

has anyone found a solution to this? dL an earlier version or something else?

update: updating to the latest 6.1.2 still throws the error but completes the operation.

it’s still a problem with 6.3.3 - can we get a fix @Katalon_team

bumping this for visibility since there hasn’t been a fix, I’m running into this as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.