Unable to install katalon on mac

unable to install katalon studio on MAC machine OS v10.15.5 error . “Katalon Studio” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

@nombuso

Please follow this guide: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/getting-started.html#for-macos on macOS

Katalon Studio (macOS) file in the directory where you unpack Katalon Studio.

For macOS Catalina users

If you currently use macOS Catalina, you have to enable Katalon Studio and Katalon Studio Engine applications in System Preferences/ Security & Privacy/ General.

Once started, the application should display the splash screen similar to the following screenshot:

Katalon Studio Loading

Activate Katalon Studio
If you don’t have an account with Katalon Studio, provide your desired username and password to sign up after launching the app. If you have an account, please read more about licenses and how to activate each license in Katalon Studio Licensing.

Configure Katalon Studio
Configurations for Web UI Testing
If you do Web Testing, make sure to install your preferred web browsers. Refer to the list of supported browsers for more details.

Katalon Automation Recorder extension is required for capturing objects in Active Browser (refer to Spy Web Utility and Record & Playback for more details.

Those instructions do not work. On my Mac, there is no option under “Allow apps downloaded from” telling me Katalina was blocked, with an open button, like your screenshot shows. Also, right-click-open on the Katalon Studio app does not give me a dialog box with the option to open.

I think our corporate security has configured MacOS on our work laptops to disallow all options for opening un-signed apps. Why is Katalon still not signed, so long after Catalina was released?

Hi @cos, were you able to solve this issue ? I’m facing the same for opening Katalon Runtime Engine.

@saranya.natarajan,

To use Runtime Engine on macOS, please cd to Runtime Engine folder first:

cd "/Applications/Katalon Studio Engine.app/Contents/MacOS"
./katalonc ...