"Katalon Studio" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software

I downloaded the most recent Katalon Studio from Katalon Studio Free Download | Katalon to my Mac (macOS Catalina 10.15.1). Installed it into the Applications directory, and started. A error dialog appeared which said “Katalon Studio” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

What’s wrong?

1 Like

If you currently use macOS Catalina, you have to enable Katalon Studio and Katalon Studio Engine applications in System Preferences/ Security & Privacy/ General .

We are trying to notarize KS as required by Apple for this new OS version.

1 Like

I could find a temporary workaround at

Bingo, there’re quite a lot of common apps like Katalon Studio have exactly the same issue on macOS Catalina. Usually you can bypass this new macOS gateway by opening the app through System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Check Allow apps downloaded from App Store and identified developers > Click Open Anyway.

If it still doesn’t work, I assume that you are double clicking on the Katalon Studio install icon, yes? Don’t do that. Instead, you should right mouse click (or control click )on Katalon Studio icon. You should get an Open option in context menu: Select Open. Then the next dialog box you see will be similar to the one you report, but it will also have the Open button added. Choose Open and voila.

It’s just a magic tip mentioned in this article. Cheer ~

A year later, and this is still an issue. Also opened https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/issues/404.

Our security team has disabled the ability for corporate-managed Macs to bypass the lack of notarization. We are completely unable to use this software for work until this issue is resolved.

@ThanhTo,
@devalex88,

Any updates?

Thank you for your report, we are working on the notarization feature !

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.