Unable to find checkbox in angular application in record and play option

Hi,
I am new to Katalon
In my application we have pop-up for selection on which there are three checkboxes, while recording i have checked all three options but after save and re-run same test cases only one checkbox get selected.
Please let me know how to overcome this by record and play option

Hi @priyanka.gedewad

Sounds like the locators of the other two checkboxes are identical to the same checkbox. Could you provide the screenshots of the Test Object to all three checkboxes. Please also copy and paste the console log.

Cheers !

39%20PM
51%20PM

Test case pass by selecting only one checkbox from that pop-up. No failing logs are there in console.
It is taking wrong checkboxes and test case gets pass

Hi @priyanka.gedewad

I mean the Test Object that Katalon Studio generates for each of the HTML element in your image. In the Test Explorer you have an Object Repository folder, there you can open up the 3 Test Objects that correspond to the 3 checkboxes and take their screenshots.

Cheers !

Now i have selected only two checkboxes but in object repository it is taking only one , first one from screenshot is for to go on manage permissions then it open pop up, next screenshot is for 2 nd checkbox i have selected is recorded but first selection was not there

Hmm the first one does look like a checkbox, but the second one doesn’t have the same XPath structure as the first one. This makes me kind of suspicious. Can you also take a screenshot of the web page when the checkboxes are being displayed.

Another thing that you can do is that in Chrome browser, you can open up the Inspection Tool, details here.

Essentially, you can paste the XPath inside Selected locator (in your screenshots) into the inspection tool to see if the XPath correctly selects the inbox. You should open up the inspection tool when the checkboxes are being displayed.

Cheers !

ya…actually it is not taking correct xpath i have already verified need to change and will retest it again,
but where should i change this in object R ?

Hi @priyanka.gedewad

In the UI of Test Object, you would see a field called Selected Locator which contains the XPath which will be used to retrieve the web element. Please change the xpath in this field.

Cheers !