Unable to detect IOS devices in katalon Studio

Hi All,

I am connected IOS device to katalon but it is not detected in device list/

Anyone have experienced this kind of behaviour?

Please reply with some guidelines or solution of it

Hi Pavan,

Can you share what version of MacOS, Xcode, and Appium you’re using, as well as the version of iOS on the device you’re trying to connect?

I’ve found that sometimes I needed to open iTunes and Xcode to accept all of the prompts asking me if I trusted the computer and the iOS device before it would show up. Does the device show up in the list of devices in Xcode?

- Chris

Chris Trevarthen said:

Hi Pavan,

Can you share what version of MacOS, Xcode, and Appium you’re using, as well as the version of iOS on the device you’re trying to connect?

I’ve found that sometimes I needed to open iTunes and Xcode to accept all of the prompts asking me if I trusted the computer and the iOS device before it would show up. Does the device show up in the list of devices in Xcode?

- Chris

Hi please can you give me a configuration that can detect ios devices ?
I mean a version of macOS, of Xcode, of Katalon Studio, …
Thanks a lot

Hi Chiraz,

I have success with:

MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Xcode 9.4.1
NodeJS 9.2.0
Appium 1.8.1
Katalon Studio 5.8.6

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I don’t have any success with:
MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
Xcode 11.1
Node 12.10.0
Appium 1.15.0
Katalon Studio 6.3.3

My ios devices are showing in Xcode, but not in Katalon. Please help.

Thanks,
K

Hi @kulwinder.singh,

Thanks for sharing the info for your setup. I would first recommend downgrading to Appium 1.12.1, since I think it’s the last officially supported version with Katalon.

If that doesn’t work, check out this post on some other troubleshooting options for getting your devices to show up in Katalon:

Hope this helps,

Chris