As the title of this topic suggest, how many steps do you walk per day? Feel free to share a screenshot of your health app or activity tracker below
I will share mine first… (the screenshots were taken from Samsung Health, with steps counted on both my phones and my fitness tracker)
I normally set out my goal of walking at least 5,000 steps a day, but as the screenshot above shows, it seems that I have missed my target (one downsize of having an office job I guess).
I did walk the most on Oct 6, when I was traveling in Huế, Vietnam on my day off and walked around the old Citadel.
- Do you wear a fitness tracker or a smartwatch to track your steps and exercises?
- What was the most awesome activity (aside from walking) that you have ever tracked?
- Do you have a tip for someone like me (with an office job where I sit most of the day) to increase my step counts and be generally fitter?
- And lastly, have you ever cheated to increase your step counts?
Steps , Really. What would one achieve ? Nothing
The only thing that can help is : RESISTANCE TRAINING.
- Do you wear a fitness tracker or a smartwatch to track your steps and exercises? NO
- Do you have a tip for someone like me (with an office job where I sit most of the day) to increase my step counts and be generally fitter? Focus on Weight Training
I am mostly taking steps from the desk to the kitchen to grab a coffee, after work from the couch to the fridge to grab a beer.
More than enough! I feel sooo tired after such effort …
I second this. I almost never get more than a couple thousand steps a day, but I do get after it in the gym. Unless it’s release week for us (like right now), where I’m working until 3 am most nights
On average, my Test Cases have ~20 steps. So with 157 Test Cases that’s…
Oh. Wait. You meant walking
But wait… three flights of stairs to get to a functioning bathroom? Maaan, this house needs work…
Well, since I am not generally active to begin with, and my lifestyle is a bit sedentary, so I view the act of accumulating steps counts throughout the day as a form of exercising in itself ( and also a bit of a boost to my self-esteem haha )
Though I have to ask: what are the main differences between Resistance and Weight training?
But would you feel tired walking from your work room to the kitchen to prepare a delicious meal though?
Since you have claimed to be quite a night owl in the other thread, I am guessing that this would not take that much of a toll on you?
… orrr, it could be a great exercising opportunity
the kitchen is downstairs, so is ok.
the problem is, after the meal to go upstairs, three levels, to the bedroom.
so i ussualy collapse on the livingroom couch, which is same level with the kitchen