I’m facing this weird problem since maybe 2 versions ago… and it is becoming a huge issue for us.
It looks like after certain timeframe (30-45 min give or take), the test runs extremely fast causing a lot of my tests to fail cuz the tests moves faster than the page to process. This is becoming a critical issue as tests keeps failing and lots of time goes into debugging the failures and determining real failures vs. test execution issue.
I have SmartWait enabled but that has nothing to do with this.
How do I set a specific test execution speed? Not going to add “delay” after every step then it becomes counterproductive.
How would your work be affected if this issue has not been resolved?
I can continue my job, but it is becoming a challenge and this needs to be resolved. if not, then we would have to choose a different automation solution.
Katalon Studio Version 8.2
This is unlikely to be a bug – somebody else would have reported the same issue by now.
Let’s take this step by step:
A. What methods do you use to wait for element readiness?
B. Does a specific step in a specific test always fail ? Report back with the error.
In the meantime, try this experiment:
- Close Katalon completely
- Download a FRESH copy.
- Install it separately to the previous version – i.e. do NOT remove the old install.
- Run the new install.
- Open your project and run your suite.
Let us know if the new install has the same issue. If it does…
- Repeat 1-5 on a different machine.
Again, report back with the results.
Dang… i forgot about this thread.
I updated Katalon version to 8.2 or whichever - the issue is still there…
it’s like the first 30~35 test runs on a normal speed… and then the superspeed picks up causing the tests to go so fast that it fails when objects aren’t ready on the page.
It’s such a weird thing. i didn’t try #3 yet… but i can try to run it in a diff machine… when i get time