I’ve been running my test suite automatically (using task scheduler) for years now, and recently the tests started failing every time. However, when I go back in and launch the test suite manually it works just fine. Is there something that recently changed? If so, do I need to update how I launch my test suite?
Unable to open browser with url: '' (Root cause: com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to open browser with url: ''
at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$openBrowser.call(Unknown Source)
at duplicate checking - author CC.run(duplicate checking - author CC:20)
at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$startTestSuite$0.call(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: session not created
from timeout: Timed out receiving message from renderer: 600.000
Essentially, the test is timing out instead of even opening the browser/loading the page.
I have a doubt about “Install and Re-launch”. Years ago, I did it once and got the installed Katalon Studio corrupted. Since then, I never follow it. I never do “Install and Re-launch”.
(Forgive me, I am not 100% sure that “Install and Re-launch” is problematic. I am not a Katalon Developer. I have no intension to do full debug over KS product)
I always stop Katalon Studio before updating it. Then I would delete the old installation directory, recreate the directory where I install the new version of KS into, and start it. Yes, I have to do all setups again. But I always do clean-install.
Why I do not trust “Install and Re-launch”? — I have a reason. See
Manually installing features and plug-ins on a FAT file system (Windows only)
When features and plug-ins are manually installed on top of an Eclipse-based product install located on a FAT file system that has already been run at least once, the product must be explicitly restarted with -clean. That is,
I suppose that “Install and Re-launch” process does not explicitly restart Katalon Studio with “-clean”. Therefore “Install and Re-lauch” leaves the running instance of Katalon Studio as a mixed modules of the previous version and the new version, that results a total mess.
You have 2 instances of Katalon Studio. One is KRE schedule by task scheduler, which is failing now. Another one is KSE which you operated manually and running OK. Possibly you have upgraded them each though different way of operations. I guess, you haven’t done -clean for your KRE, and it still has the cache on FAT file system messy.