Test Case Execution very slow

Hi everyone,

I using Katalon Studio 7.9.1 to test a web application on Chrome browser, but the Test cases run slowly. Some test steps execute in milisecods while others to up to 31 secs.
I have disabled the smart wait, the delay between actions is 0 and I used System proxy configuration, but there is still no change in the speed of execution. Could someone have some hints on how I can solve this issue?
Thanks

Below is the screenshot of the log Viewer

1 Like

I have the same “problem”. Test cases executes correctly sometimes but another times, test fails because of doesn’t find elements for exemple. The same test. I don’t want put delays beetwen steps or wait for elements unnecessary

A test may pass and fail unless you make your code robust enough. You should look at your code more carefully.

thanks for your question. I am a non-programmer profile, and I would like to improve my skills. In this case, the test runs fine when the Internet is fine, but fails when the connection is slower (timeout loading objects).
But yes, I have a lot to learn. Actually, I have too much O.R(100/150) and I would like to change the perspective, but I don’t know how to create the change. I have read through the forum concepts like POM, but I still wouldn’t know how to adapt them to a more “Manual” use.

In any case, thank you.

What is it, O.R?
Operations Research?

Page Object Model is a coding pattern in the Object Oriented Programming, which deserves good enough programming skill and experience. A user of “Manual” mode would never be able to use it. You should forget it for now.

The slowness of network would not be the immediate cause of the test failure. Slow network is manageable. Possibly your test are not written robust enough. You should be able to find out ways to improvde your code.

You should show us your code and the execution log when it failed. You need to show the error message, stack trace etc.

You should identify exactly which statement of your test script caused the failure. This is the first thing you should do.

carlos.anguizmiro
@angamiseuleu seems was not aware of this …

Project Settings > Execution > Default wait for element timeout (inseconds) is set 30 seconds by default.

If you want your test to fail more quickly, then set this wait timeout to be smaller integer, say 5secs.

Hi @kazurayam , maybe you mention me by mistake?

Kind regards

Ah, yes, I made a mistake. I disturbed you. Sorry.

Just mentioning for you to tag the right person :wink: