Spy Web does not work anymore!!!

Hi people,

After the last upgrade to 5.5.0, the Spy Web functionality stops to work. It does not happens nothing when I try to get elements using “Alt + `”. I have tried it using Firefox and Chrome.

Please help!
Thanks!

Fabrício Tibúrcio said:

Hi people,

After the last upgrade to 5.5.0, the Spy Web functionality stops to work. It does not happens nothing when I try to get elements using “Alt + `”. I have tried it using Firefox and Chrome.

Please help!
Thanks!

Its always been a bit funky, but for me using a UK keyboard it is not ALT +` as it says it is; it is ALT+’

Have you tried changing the key combination?

prefs.png

Thanks for your reply Anthony!
Alt + ’ works using Chrome but does not in Firefox. The highlighting rectangle (red) does not appear in Firefox.

Any idea? My final customer uses Firefox.
Thanks!

Hi guys,

I spy object with upgrade Katalon and it’s OK. In this case, you should reopen the project and spy again.

Feel free to post any information for this issue if you have. Stay tuned!

Fabrício Tibúrcio said:

Thanks for your reply Anthony!
Alt + ’ works using Chrome but does not in Firefox. The highlighting rectangle (red) does not appear in Firefox.

Any idea? My final customer uses Firefox.
Thanks!

I agree with Fabricio here, it is not working after update, using Firefox 61.0.1 Windows 10 Pro x64

Upgrade to 5.8.3 is causing issues with object spy. I’m trying to re-record objects and it won’t let me save (even when selecting create new, replace, merge) etc. Just getting a big X with red background that says ‘error’

Anthony said:

Fabrício Tibúrcio said:

Thanks for your reply Anthony!
Alt + ’ works using Chrome but does not in Firefox. The highlighting rectangle (red) does not appear in Firefox.

Any idea? My final customer uses Firefox.
Thanks!

I agree with Fabricio here, it is not working after update, using Firefox 61.0.1 Windows 10 Pro x64

Please send me your log file…

Julie Mortlock said:

Upgrade to 5.8.3 is causing issues with object spy. I’m trying to re-record objects and it won’t let me save (even when selecting create new, replace, merge) etc. Just getting a big X with red background that says ‘error’

Which version of Firefox do you use? Please send a log file, it’s ready at Katalon Studio logs:

  • Windows logs folder: \config\.metadata\.log

  • MacOS logs folder: file:///Applications/Katalon%20Studio.app/Contents/MacOS/config/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/log

I’m using Chrome, and it worked brilliantly before I tried to upgrade. I tried to revert, to 5.8 and that didn’t work (I’m guessing shared files)? Anyway, it’s not allowing me to copy the objects once captured into a folder. This was NEVER an issue before. Thanks,

this is still happening in chrome as of yesterday where I cannot save objects from Spy as ‘create duplicate objects’ without getting the red X error

Hi,
For me web spy is still not working in chrome or any other browser. using katalon 6.1.2
Please help.