(attached)

## Environment

Mozilla Firefox 62.0

Default geckodriver shipped with Katalon 5.7

## Steps to Reproduce

1. Install Firefox 62.0

2. Download and launch Katalon 5.7

3. Open Object Spy and select Firefox

4. When the page is done loading, hover mouse over elements.

## Expected Behavior

Elements should be highlighted and able to be saved.

## Actual Behavior

Elements are not highlighted and cannot be saved.

When Object Spy is closed, an empty error box appears.

Logs indicate that a NullPointerException occurs.

## Screenshots

log.log

2018-09-11_15-00-23.png

firefox_2018-09-11_14-59-58.png

1 Like

Hi Joseph,

Did you use Firefox version for developer? Sorry just because I cannot find FF 62 version. Please send me the link if you can. Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi Joseph,

I got this issue at KS, sorry for this inconvenience :((
I’ve been log ticket for KS team to investigate. In meanwhile, you can downgrade firefox with v61 instead of using the latest version.

Thanks for choosing Katalon Studio. Feel free give more feedback to make KS better.

Regard,

Alice

1 Like

Same problem here. 62 is the current Firefox version. Reverting back to 61.0.2 fixed the problem. Some of the errors are related to Firefox not being able to delete or change files in the Katalon configuration directory (permissions).

1 Like

Vy Ta said:

Hi Joseph,

Did you use Firefox version for developer? Sorry just because I cannot find FF 62 version. Please send me the link if you can. Many thanks.

Nope, I’m using the normal version from here. Firefox automatically updated to 62.

Alice said:

Hi Joseph,

I got this issue at KS, sorry for this inconvenience :((
I’ve been log ticket for KS team to investigate. In meanwhile, you can downgrade firefox with v61 instead of using the latest version.

Thanks for choosing Katalon Studio. Feel free give more feedback to make KS better.

Regard,

Alice

Thank you for the feedback Alice. I’ll try downgrading now. Hope this will be resolved soon.

Update: Downgrading to Firefox 61 worked. Thanks again for everyone’s suggestions.

Regards.

1 Like

Hi all,
This issue has been fixed with the new version (5.7.1). Please double check again and give more feedback.
Many thanks,

1 Like

Hi all,

Upgraded to 5.7.1 a view minutes ago and object spy with Firefox 62 still doesn’t work.

If I start object spy with Firefox now, the Firefix window is opened and nothing happens. The target URL isn’t opened.
Please let me know, if and what further information you need.

Kind Regards

Uwe Bradl said:

Hi all,

Upgraded to 5.7.1 a view minutes ago and object spy with Firefox 62 still doesn’t work.

If I start object spy with Firefox now, the Firefix window is opened and nothing happens. The target URL isn’t opened.

Kind Regards

Can you provide Katalon Studio logs?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Uwe Bradl said:

Hi all,

Kind Regards

Can you provide Katalon Studio logs?

Hope I provide the right one found in /config/.metadata/

Don’t hesitate to ask if you need further information.

.log

This is the root cause based on your logs,so I guess you may need to either kill all of your Firefox instances and also try to restart your machine then try again

Hi Vinh,

double checked it this morning and - YES - after restart it works.
Thanks a lot for this hint.

Kind Regards

Uwe

Alice said:

Hi all,
This issue has been fixed with the new version (5.7.1). Please double check again and give more feedback.
Many thanks,

Hi Alice,

Confirming on my end that this has been fixed in KS 5.7.1, using Firefox 62. Thank you for the notice.

Regards,

I am getting the exact same problem. KS version 6.1.5 and firefox 66

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.