Roadmap and Voting for your features

Boris Faitout said:

udi said:

Feature suggestion:
add a way to generalize test cases using test listeners.
I suggest add a setTestCaseVariables() to test listeners.

This way we can write a generic test case.
For example say we have a sign in test case with local vars say: user & pass.
the test listener will get the vars from the test case with getTestCaseVariables(), check logic conditions (i.e. if user = user1) and insert specific values to the vars (user = user, pass=passord) and send those values back to the test case via setTestCaseVariables() .

Hi @Udi,
I think that you can achieve this by using the profile feature added in 5.4, please see : https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13697476

Hi Boris, using profiles might help but not fully, i tried it. my suggestion will give complete solution to the issue.

1 Like

udi said:

Boris Faitout said:

udi said:

Feature suggestion:
add a way to generalize test cases using test listeners.
I suggest add a setTestCaseVariables() to test listeners.

This way we can write a generic test case.
For example say we have a sign in test case with local vars say: user & pass.
the test listener will get the vars from the test case with getTestCaseVariables(), check logic conditions (i.e. if user = user1) and insert specific values to the vars (user = user, pass=passord) and send those values back to the test case via setTestCaseVariables() .

Hi @Udi,
I think that you can achieve this by using the profile feature added in 5.4, please see : https://docs.katalon.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13697476

Hi Boris, using profiles might help but not fully, i tried it. my suggestion will give complete solution to the issue.

Hi Udi,
You should try to use profiles and then have a diffĆ©rent dataset for each one. By mapping the data, you should be able to achieve your goal. Yet, this is a bit tricky. I do not have a very technical background myself so itā€™s still a bit confusing. But let me know if this help.

Could you please add below stuffs in the road mapā€¦

1. Browser stack Mobile Automation test execution
  2. Katalon analytics for on-premise environment
  3. Expand Katalon analytics as a universal dashboard for any automation framework by providing APIs to consume by any tools/framework - I am sure, this point will win the world.
  4. Think Client automaton using Winium framework - Basic level would be enough to prove Katalon can work for think clients.
3 Likes

I would like to request for Katalon-Bamboo integration.

Write into excel at runtime during test execution

Currently Katalon provides an inbuilt featute to read data from exel. But doesnā€™t have option to write into excel.

It would be great if Katalon supportā€™s excel write feature, out of the box rather using custom keyword.

The excel write feature would be a big selling point for Katalon.

Thanks team for looking into this.

14 Likes

Would love to see support for:
- Other version control. Specifically, subversion (SVN).
- Dark Theme
- Better object naming when recording or spying. Instead of choosing the title of the page maybe have it parse out the tail end of a url? E.G. www.url.com/signIn would name the object signIn
- Maybe Iā€™m missing it but I just had a meeting and test export might be something to look at.

Thanks for the work you are doing, Katalon has been great so far and I think itā€™s got a pretty bright future ahead.

11 Likes

Daniel Keenan said:

Still nothing about converting Katalon Studio script into Selenium or C# :frowning:

It would be really useful to have this as the software I test is created using C# (very useful for the developers who all know C#) and TeamCity (the automation software they use for deployment of code) also runs on C#

I mistakenly upvoted.

Ability to edit pre-built keywords. For example: If I want to see the implementation of Click and edit it according to my needs.

4 Likes

Ability to add more information in Email Subjects like Test Suite Name, Project Name etc.

4 Likes

Better integration with Excel. Some custom keywords to read/write from/to excel and comparing excel files.

14 Likes

How to implement data driven for dynamic changing text values in katalon studio anyone pls help me.

1 Like

Manish said:

How to implement data driven for dynamic changing text values in katalon studio anyone pls help me.

Maybe your question can be answered in the thread below. There Iā€™ve posted a few links that I think might work to help you. Hope it helps!

Vinh Nguyen said:

Dear beloved users,

We are pleased to announce our roadmap for Katalon products in the year of 2018 as well as Voting process for new feature/improvement suggestions.

Q1/2018

Katalon Studio

• Auto-update mechanism API/Web services testing on-the-fly
  • Enhanced test object management
  • Duplicate objects handling for web recording
  • Test suite set up/tear down process

Q2/2018

Katalon Studio

• Katalon Studio Compatible with Swagger, WADL, and RAML
  • API/WS verification libraries built-in snippets
  • OAuth 1.0 & 2.0 authentication methods
  • Intelligent recording to improve playback rate
  • Docker images for remote execution

Katalon** Analytics**

• Advanced project and team management
  • Enrich filters mechanism with new reports
  • Team collaboration feature
  • Live notification of test execution

Q3/2018

Katalon Studio

• Mobile recording that works as web recording utility
  • Mockings, Stubbings for API/WS testing
  • Test data generation from specifications
  • Cloud CI integrations for Continuous testing

Katalon Analytics

• Support API test execution results
  • Additional dimensions for execution analysis
  • Support common automation frameworks
  • ALM integration to support CI/CD process

Q4/2018

Katalon Studio

• Smart scripting assistance & intelligent recording mode
  • Test objects and custom keywords sharing platform
  • Optimize performance and memory usage

Katalon Analytic

• Machine learning for execution optimization
  • New dashboards with customizable KPIs
  • Graphical maps for quality KPI filtering
  • Performance, coverage and environment matrix

-----------------------------

• This does not include minor enhancements and bug fixes.
  • Top user-voted features from Forum may override the less prioritized features of this roadmap.
  • The Voting process will be organized in our forum at Feature / Improvement Suggestions area. Each suggestion or feature request has an ā€œUpvoteā€ feature (which is available on the bottom left of each post). Please use this feature to upvote for your favorite post to increase the chance of being implemented.
  • Once a month, Katalon team will collect all the features/suggestions that have the highest vote from Katalon users around the globe to be considered with the Roadmap.

Feature suggestions from Enterprise and Business subscribers will have the highest priority.

Hi All,

This is really good work done by Katalon Team to provide best solution to the tester.
I am thankful to all for you great effort.
One request to Katalon team. Can you guys work on how the BDD is integrated with KS without using JIRA. Same as Selenium is providing. If this type of feature is provided by Katalon then Katalon will rock in IT testing world.

I hope you guys will come with the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Nilesh

Ability to run performance tests would make me use the tool.

11 Likes

Add some kind of indication and progress meter for headless mode execution.

You can currently see the progress of a headless execution in cmd window but if you close the window, the execution continues in the background. And you could never tell by looking only at the Katalon Studio at that moment.

This is also a problem when you have remote or scheduled execution - you are able to tell something is happening only when the test report arrives. And if something goes wrong, no one knows.

2 Likes

Better Checkpoint functionality - pure data comparison based on a key-value. Currently it compares values of selected cells only. We should have a comparison even if the order of data is altered. This can be achieved by defining a Primary/Composite key in our data.

1 Like

Better integration with JIRA, including:
- The ability to link an existing Test Case with JIRA without having to edit the Test Case XML directly
- The ability to show the Katalon Execution Result Status in JIRA issue filters/on Agile boards (at the moment the JIRA Addon only allows this information to be shown on individual JIRAs)
- The ability for a Test Case to update the JIRA Execution Result Status of a linked JIRA automatically without attaching the ZIP file attachment (these ZIP files can create a lot of excess noise/data storage if all you want to do is monitor the status of Test Cases in JIRA)

Iā€™d also advocate reworking the JIRA Integration configuration screen in the project settings as I donā€™t believe the current layout is intuitive (some settings apply to JIRAs linked to Test Cases whereas other settings apply to bugs being raised directly from Test Suites)

Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Dear Katalon Team,

Is there any plan that Localization can be implemented? When I want to verify some text, but only English characters are supported.

Best regards,

Kris

• ALM integration to support CI/CD process
5 Likes