Rest GET Request with UTF8: Cannot send test request. Reason: minimal?

The following error is received when making an Rest GET Request where UTF8 coding is used.

I believe the “minimal” refers to the OData Metadata. A similar request specifying that no metadata is to be returned triggered the amusing message “Cannot send test request. Reason: none”

This request used to work in version 5.3.1 and similar GET requests to APIs where UTF8 is not required work successfully in 5.4.1. The details are as follows:

(Stack trace: java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: minimal

at java.nio.charset.Charset.forName(Charset.java:531)

at com.kms.katalon.core.testobject.impl.HttpTextBodyContent.(HttpTextBodyContent.java:74)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.BasicRequestor.setBodyContent(BasicRequestor.java:215)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.response(RestfulClient.java:195)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.sendGetRequest(RestfulClient.java:79)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.send(RestfulClient.java:48)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.WebServiceController.sendRequest(WebServiceController.java:37)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.RestServicePart$2$1.run(RestServicePart.java:131)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

)

I am pretty sure at this point that this is a bug and not just something that I am doing wrong. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi John,

We noted this. Thank for your report.

1 Like

Thank You duylong. Is there a sense of when the next release will come out? I am trying to decide whether to temporarily revert back to 5.3.1 or hold off for 5.4.2 if it is coming out soon.

Hi John Paul,
Your issue has been fixed in the 5.4.2. We will release 5.4.2 in the next few days.

That is great news! Thank You!