On Mobile Object Spy's Device View, Screen stopped at splash screen

I can’t able to automate any of my android application due to the splash issue.

The application have plain splash screen i.e. doesn’t contain any link on it.

Problem is that on Mobile Object Spy’s Device View, screen just stopped at splash screen and due to this I can’t capture and continue to write testcase.

However on mobile i.e. on actual device splash screen displayed and after sometime login screen get displayed.

I tried by adding the desired capability appWaitActivity but not worked.

Below are the configuration details

Katalon Studio: Windows_64-5.7.1

JAVA: 1.8.1

Node JS: 6.14.4-x64

Appium: 1.8

Testing Device : Moto Z Play

Android SDK: 25.0.0

Please help…

Hi Deepak,

Once the login screen has loaded on your simulator, can you try clicking the “Capture Object” button on the Mobile Spy window? This will sync up the Mobile Spy view with the simulator and needs to be done every time you interact with the simulator.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 3.20.33 PM.png

Chris Trevarthen said:

Hi Deepak,

Once the login screen has loaded on your simulator, can you try clicking the “Capture Object” button on the Mobile Spy window? This will sync up the Mobile Spy view with the simulator and needs to be done every time you interact with the simulator.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Thank for the reply @Chris Trevarthen

Clicked on Capture Object; now I am getting this error:

DCB_Error.PNG

Which Appium you are using? Currently Katalon Studio does not support Appium 1.9, so in case you are using it, just downgrade it to Appium 1.8

Vinh Nguyen said:

Which Appium you are using? Currently Katalon Studio does not support Appium 1.9, so in case you are using it, just downgrade it to Appium 1.8

I am using **Appium version 1.8.0 **and other details are:

Katalon Studio: Windows_64-5.7.1

JAVA: 1.8.1

Node JS: 6.14.4-x64

Android SDK: 25.0.0
Testing Device : Moto Z Play