Object spy shortcuts for French keyboard


#1

Hi,

I’m working with a French keyboard and when I “spy web”, I’m not able to capture objects with the command Alt + ~. I would like to change this shortcut because, with a French keyboard, printing Alt + ~ is not an easy combination. Printing a ~ requires Alt gr and a space. Where can I configure that? For instance it could be Alt + K…

Thank you,

Zoé


#2

Hello Zoé,
Default keys can be changed under Window, Katalon Studio Preferences, then Katalon, Object Spy.


#3

Hi, with the new version (4.6) this is now possible with Google Chrome. Thank you Katalon Team! :slight_smile:


#4

Hi there,
Unfortunate these keys can’t be changed. Can you try to change your current keyword settings from French to English and use that keyboard setting for this key combinations?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/258824/how-to-change-your-keyboard-layout
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-keyboard-layout-windows-10
Thanks.


#5

I am using a UK keyboard but the Alt +` keys do not seem to capture the object. The web object is highlighted with a red border but it will not change to green. D you know what I am doing wrong?


#6

@Linda Vigor said:
I am using a UK keyboard but the Alt +` keys do not seem to capture the object. The web object is highlighted with a red border but it will not change to green. D you know what I am doing wrong?

Hi Linda
did you manage to resolve this please? I am also unable to capture any objects with Alt + ~. If I use web recorder the same objects will be captured however.


#7

@Dan Bown said:

@Linda Vigor said:
I am using a UK keyboard but the Alt +` keys do not seem to capture the object. The web object is highlighted with a red border but it will not change to green. D you know what I am doing wrong?

Hi Linda
did you manage to resolve this please? I am also unable to capture any objects with Alt + ~. If I use web recorder the same objects will be captured however.

I am using IE11 for Alt + ~ or Chome for Alt + '. Neither browser works


#8

Have you tried to change its hotkeys? http://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Object+Spy+Preferences


#9

Hi!
I have tried to edit the keys I shall use, but apparently it is not possible:-(
Can you please help?
Thanks in advance


#10

Hi Mariana,

I had the same problem with my PT keyboard, to change them click on the Capture Object text box (just to highlight) then click for example Alt+z


#11

PLS have a look at this:
https://forum.katalon.com/discussion/6046/spy-web-capturing-by-alt-backquote-fails-due-to-dependency-on-language-keyboard-settings-of-os

There you will find my view of this issue:

ALT+Backquote is dependent on the Keybord type. Spy Web should add an reliable alternative keystroke which emits KeyCode common to all types of Keyboards. I would suggest ALT+Comma(,)

|Keyboard |Keystroke |KeyCode emitted|
|US |ALT+Comma(,) |18,44 |
|JP |ALT+Comma(,) |18,44 |


#12

Vinh Nguyen said:

Have you tried to change its hotkeys? http://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Object+Spy+Preferences

Vinh,

I would disagree with the idea of asking users to change the keyboard setting for the Spy when he/she feels like to try Alt+` stroke. I would never do this. I think the Spy should accept other keystroke (e.g., Alt+, ) for capturing.

Please have a look. again, at my study:


#13

I use a French keyboard too. I changed the hotkey in the Katalon Studio Prefrences and switched to ‘Alt+a’.
It works like a charm in both Chrome and Firefox.

Katalon Studio 5.4.1
Chrome 66.0.3359.139
Firefox 59.0.3


#14

Philippe,

Thank you for information. I tried changing the hotkey to switch to ‘Alt+a’, and success. This let me recognize my misunderstanding.


#15

Hello,

To capture object using French keyboard, use (Alt+ù).


#16

Alt+ù, it doesn’t work.

You have to change in Katalon Studio Préférences.