No Chromedriver found that can automate Chrome '<chrome_version>' AGAIN ))

Sure, it’s very helpful for someone who knows what it means. While trying to follow that advice:

Question #1 Where exactly is that ChromeDriver for Appium in this Github repository? I cannot see any chromedriver.exe, chromedriver.js (or something like that) that is suposed to fix the issue here

Question #2 What exactly should be replaced and where exactly? Again, I cannot see any chromedriver.exe, chromedriver.js (or something like that) that is suposed to be fixed here:

Or does it mean that the issue can be fixed just by replacing any chromedriver.js which happens to be in C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\appium-chromedriver with any chromedriver.js which happens to be in GitHub - appium/appium-chromedriver: Node.js wrapper around Chromedriver ?

Question #3 If this is such a common error, would not it be very nice of Katalon to be more specific in their instructions? Wouldn’t it be very helpfull to show all the steps needed to fix this common error (with screenshots or maybe even video), for example, in case of Pixel 5 API 28 emulator used in Katalon’s examples

after following which I’m seeing the common error

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

Q1: Where exactly is that ChromeDriver for Appium in this Github repository?
It is our mistake. You are right that there is no ChromeDriver folder in the repository. We are working internally and updating the technical document ASAP.

Q2: What exactly should be replaced?
As seeing in your photos, I assume you are using Win OS. In order to deal with your problem, you can go to the path C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\appium\node_modules\appium-chromedriver. Then, you should create a new folder named chromedriver, inside that you should create a new folder win, then please refer to this link and select the corresponding version you need. Place the chromedriver.exe file you just downloaded inside win folder.

Q3: If this is such a common error, would not it be very nice of Katalon to be more specific in their instructions?
Thank you for your suggestion. I will send your suggestion to our internal team and we will publish a clear solution for this topic soon.

Hope this can help you. Thank you!

1 Like