Most of my automation script got deleted?

Hey everyone,
I wrote a 800+ step test case; I experienced an error around 800 and the work around was to start an new test case, so I used a Call test case method. I believe the error was “Method overload” or something like that. I opened the test case today and for some reason, about 700 steps were deleted? I have no clue why. I should have closed Katalon studio the way I normally do. I am not sure if I accidently deleted these steps or if this is an issue outside of the user.

If I did delete these steps, is there any way for me to get those steps back?

If the deletion was caused by a Katalon issue, is there any way for me to get those steps back?

Kind Regards

Could you please take a look into the Scripts directory using OS’s file explorer?

I took a look at the Scripts folder that is located within the respective Project folder. It contains a groovy file and I opened it using notepad. It does not contain the missing information.

Hi Devalex88,

I believe I found the a bug in Katalon Studio.

To replicate:

1. Draft an automation script with 10 lines of code.
  2. In script view, comment out an end chunk such as line 6 through 10 or 7 through 10.
  3. Switch to Manual View.
  4. Right click line 4. Hold down “Shift” button and right click line 2. This will select lines 2 through 4. Click Delete icon(trash symbol).
  5. Switch to Script View.

Expected: Lines 2 to 4 are deleted.
Actual: Lines 2 to 4 and commented out end chunk(lines 6-10 or 7-10) are deleted.

I believe this bug is what caused the original issue I posted.

1 Like

@vweerasinghe Thank you so much for the report.

@Loan_Tran @Alice Please try to reproduce.

Hi @vweerasinghe,
An issue has just been submitted to Katalon team to fix your bug: https://github.com/kms-technology/katalon/issues/2040.
We’re sorry that there is no way to get back your deleted lines once Katalon tool is closed.

1 Like

Hi @vweerasinghe,
I get back after Katalon team’s discussion to inform you that the issue you’re facing is currently the limitation of Katalon Studio tool.
You can add a command like println() at the end of the script to make sure that the lines you commented are not the last lines. This is a work-around solution for temporary.
We’ll consider to fix this issue.

1 Like

Great, thanks Loan!

Great, thanks @Loan_Tran!

@devalex88 Any idea when this issue will be fixed? this is very annoying, it deletes the hard work done when end lines are commented out just for testing something.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.