Mobile UI Testing (iPhone 14 Pro & Safari, Google Pixel 7 & Chrome) capabilities needed

Hi,
I have written a test and could test in BrowserStack Safari browser in macOS and could see the tests running.

I now need the test to run in a mobile browser(iPhone 14 pro) and Safari browser. I tried various combinations and had no luck. Need any working desired capabilities with remote server type as selenium.

Hi Manoj, :wave:

Welcome to Katalon Community!

I have found some resources from our documentation which could help with your question :point_down:

Let’s see what other suggestions other members will come up with.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @albert.vu , Thanks for the suggestions. Could you please help me with the desired capabilities for running the Tests in Browserstack in mobile browsers for both Android and iOS.

Please checkout the portals Selenium WebDriver capabilities for running tests on BrowserStack.

Hi @dineshh, Tried using the same but was getting a Device not found issue and platformName missing. Do you have any configuration that is working currently for you? if yes, could you please share the same?

please check this out Select browsers and devices for Selenium testing | BrowserStack Docs

MutableCapabilities capabilities = new MutableCapabilities();
HashMap<String, Object> browserstackOptions = new HashMap<String, Object>();
browserstackOptions.put(“osVersion”, “14”);
browserstackOptions.put(“deviceName”, “iPhone 12”);
browserstackOptions.put(“realMobile”, “true”);
capabilities.setCapability(“bstack:options”, browserstackOptions);

|platformName|OS you want to test|MAC, WIN8, XP, WINDOWS, ANY, ANDROID.

Default: ANY|
| — | — |

1. DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
  2. capabilities.setCapability(“platformName”, “ios”);
  3. capabilities.setCapability(“platformVersion”, “16”);
  4. capabilities.setCapability(“deviceName”, “iPhone 14”);

Hi @dineshh Tried using this and got the below issue :

=============== ROOT CAUSE =====================

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Could not find device: Galaxy S23 (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

May e device not available/locked in browserstack cloud…better to check with browserstack folks and confirm

Thanks, @dineshh, Initiated a discussion with BrowserStack folks to confirm the behaviour. Thanks for the support

1 Like