Manage Test Data

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/manage-test-data.html

The Test Data option looks great. But how do I use it to get data into my web form ?

Most online database systems have an import option from CSV.

The database I am using has this option and I want to Automate the process of getting the data out of my system manipulate it in Excel, and then put it back into the online database system.

It would be great to use this product to do it. But the steps are disjointed from one another.
IE you have the option to upload a CSV file to your database. But I need to use my import facility to get access to the CSV file.

Anyhow,
That is the issue, thanks for listening.

Regards,
Nigel.

Team, unlike we add multiple rows and columns in internal test data, is it possible to store multiple database queries in Database test object? Something similar to hibernate? Please advise.

One more suggestion is to have test data in key value pair or store it as variables. Global variables are okay but sometimes we have content which is common for all environment profiles. We cannot replicate same variables for all profiles and there are chances to get missed.
There should be something like common test data file which all test cases and keywords can access.

I want to use global database connection in custom keyword, so how can I call it ?