Laptop crashed, how to move licence to another laptop

hello,

please tell me how to do that

when trying to open Katalon in an anoher machine will get info ‘Machine quata exceeded’

cannot remove existing machine id

and the machine is dead which this id is binded

This is what happens when software is treated as though it is hardware.

Callout to @devalex88 @duyluong @ThanhTo @Thong (re Katalon Licensing/TestOps)

3 Likes

In fact, this happens when software developers think hardware is as though as Bruce Willis :slight_smile:

Perhaps it is a good time to reconsider if offline license’s are not transferable nor cannot be revoked/refunded.

Sorry to say but, this looks somehow ‘deja-vu’ for me, same ‘chicken and egg’ problem like with the DRM licensing. Do I own the product I buy or not?

Hope katalon team will find a quick answer/solution for such issues.

2 Likes

hi you,

when I am able to use my license again!!!

Please do something, cannot load Katalon cause this issue

Have waited five days already

Hi you Katalon peoples,

if you are quick to close a conversation that isn’t related to Katalon, so why you are not quick to answer this my issue, not able to use Katalon tool. The Laptop which Katalon Studio was installed has been sent for recycling.

At this moment in time, there is no way to rescue your license. The current policy forbids it.

You have a request registered here that Katalon management should review that policy. That is going to take time. It is unfortunate that your crash happened at the same time that many staff members are on vacation (western new year, new lunar year celebrations). Nobody can change that, you just need to be patient.

Reminder: 99% of the people here are NOT “Katalon people” - they/we are users just like you.

If you think it might be quicker, you could write to business@katalon.com and ask there.

hi group,

at the this moment I am only this group reader / writer :slight_smile:

Exactly this.

Hi,

how long Katalon stuff is an vacation, I have sent email to [business@katalon.com] but no response

Bump @devalex88 @duyluong @ThanhTo @Thong

You will never get a reply from that.
Is just the mirror of Alice.

Hi @Timo_Kuisma1

Apologize for the late response. Please email the katalon@license.com your organization Id and your email and I will try to resolve your issue.

1 Like

hi,

thanks, but I have sent email to business@katalon.com cause this katalon@license.com not worked

Hi @Timo_Kuisma1

Sorry, my bad, it’s license@katalon.com. You should receive a response fast there.

hello,

sent

hello,

I am still waiting, is this reasonable? already 12 days waited

Hi @Timo_Kuisma1

I understand the frustration. Please keep staying patient, it’s near the Lunar New Year so resource allocation is a problem. I will get back to you tomorrow with a resolution.