Katalon use inside Citrix environment

Dear Katalon,

With a lot of enthusiasm we started as a small software company using the Katalon Studio for web testing.

To make this product working in our business environment we want to install the software inside a Citrix environment.

Therefore it’s needed that the software can run from a management programs directory, without write access, whit the user data end configuration files on a seperated disk with write permissions.

We made some changes to the .ini files to move the data folder. This works well, however when opening Katalon Studio it’s giving error’s because it want to write in the plugins folder for the following jar file:
- org.apache.xerces.impl_2.11.0.jar
- org.apache.xml.apis_1.4.1.jar

Do you guys have experience with using Katalon Studio inside a managed Citrix environment?

All help is welcome. Thank you in advance,

J. Hendriks

1 Like

This is not a bug, so I would like to move it to correct category. By the way, default plugins can’t be overwritten just for your information.

Regards

Vinh Nguyen said:

This is not a bug, so I would like to move it to correct category. By the way, default plugins can’t be overwritten just for your information.

Regards

Dear Vinh Nguyen,

Thank you for your reply.

The problem
is that I don’t want the plugins will be written by the Katalon
software. In my opinion everything outside of the user data folder could
be run in a read only folder. So my question is why Katalon needs write
acces to the plugins?

Hopefully you can help me with this.

PS: Where I still think this is a Katalon software issue, I can’t find how to change the category to move this topic.

J. Hendriks

Hi J_Hendriks

I have the same problem,¿did you can work
inside Citrix environment?

regards!