Katalon-TestRail-Jenkins integration

Continuing the discussion from How to integrate Katalon Studio to TestRail to report test case results:

@lubomir.pe Could you please share more details about your desired flow?

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for giving attention to this thread
Well, I would like to run my tests in Jenkins and have my TestRail testrun updated with results.
At this point, I am having full integration with TestRail, and running Katalon testsuite from the console brings the results in TestRail on the table.
But, when I do the same trick with Jenkins, I can see testrun going his way, but no updates on TestRail this time.
May it be some kind of misinteraction with those services?
If so, I would greatly appreciate if you are able to make those things work together, or, in case I am doing something wrong, I am opened to any ideas and tips you have for this.
Much thanks, Lubomir

Hi @lubomir.pe,
Let’s try applying API keys in console mode in Katalon Studio by following these steps:

1. Generate a new API key or using an existing key from Katalon Store
  2. Add the apiKey parameter to the execution command line.
    For example: \ katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -noExit -projectPath="C:\Users\Katalon Studio\Project\YourProject.prj" -retry= 0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/TS_RegressionTest" -browserType="Chrome (headless) -apiKey=e4c46ee7-0179-4309-a7bf-c0530bf61d07 \
  3. Plugins installed by the API key owners will be downloaded and installed to Katalon Studio before execution. Functions of the plugins will be triggered accordingly.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Katalon Store Team

3 Likes

Have done exactly what you say, and still not working :confused:
Everything is showing up like it’s going and executing fine, but in the end still no results on TestRail

Hi @lubomir.pe,

Could you share us the console execution log, and Katalon studio log file when running on Jenkins

Thanks

Here is console execution file

Results_100_log.txt (198.1 KB)

Hi @lubomir.pe,

We evaluated your console execution log and saw that Test Rail Integration was installed successfully.

The point here is:

• Test Rail integration information will be store in file <project_dir>/settings/external/com.katalon.katalon-studio-testrail-plugin.properties
  • You use Git to checkout the lastest project code.

Please make sure the <project_dir>/settings/external/com.katalon.katalon-studio-testrail-plugin.properties was committed and it was successfully pull to Jenkins machine.

3 Likes

It worked perfectly, thank you for your help!
But the strange thing is that my Git didn’t track that file, so I had to add it manually on my Bitbucket. Maybe it is just me, or maybe that’s how it works. Probably, you should have an eye on that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi,

Do we have any limitation for the test case to keep on test suite to generate test run on test rail??

I have regression suite with 800+ test cases and executed it from jenkins. Test run got created but results are not updated for any test cases.

I don’t think the limitation came from katalon, but it may came from testrail, depending on your licence type.
See:
https://support.testrail.com/hc/en-us/articles/7077083596436-Introduction-to-the-TestRail-API#:~:text=Rate%20limits%20for%20TestRail%20Cloud,for%20TestRail%20Cloud%20Enterprise%20subscriptions.