Katalon Studio Playback is slow

Hi,

When running a test suite, the actions that would normally take under a minute to perform take up to 3 minutes.
When running from the OS the browser is very responsive, however when Katalon studio opens a browser it takes extremely long to load the webpages.
I have noticed using the Katalon recorder addon playback is just as fast as the normal browser, perhaps because it is running in the OS launched browser?

I am using Chrome 65.0.3325.181 and Katalon Studio 5.3.1. Has anyone experienced this, and do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Zak

1 Like

Zak Shaikh said:

Hi,

When running a test suite, the actions that would normally take under a minute to perform take up to 3 minutes.
When running from the OS the browser is very responsive, however when Katalon studio opens a browser it takes extremely long to load the webpages.
I have noticed using the Katalon recorder addon playback is just as fast as the normal browser, perhaps because it is running in the OS launched browser?

I am using Chrome 65.0.3325.181 and Katalon Studio 5.3.1. Has anyone experienced this, and do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,
Zak

Katalon Studio does not make any changes to loading page of the launched browser. If you are using Chrome, you can add the following desired capabilities to Project → Settings → Execution → Chrome to handle requests immediately

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 16.42.43.png

Hi Vinh,

Unfortunately these settings do not make a difference for me, I have switched to using Katalon recorder as it is much faster.

There is also a Delay Between Actions settings. This can be checked by going to Project - Settings - Execution - Default - Web UI

Katalon Studio should be able to run through the steps far faster than what you are experiencing. Is this recording/imported code?

Peter Wilson said:

There is also a Delay Between Actions settings. This can be checked by going to Project - Settings - Execution - Default - Web UI

Katalon Studio should be able to run through the steps far faster than what you are experiencing. Is this recording/imported code?

Hi Peter,

These are recorded actions, I have checked the default settings and they do not have any delayed actions enabled.
The studio test took 100 seconds, and included timeout failures, so it did not run successfully. The recorder addon test run took 30 seconds and completed all the steps successfully,as well as additional steps. The add-on loaded pages extremely quickly, the studio took seemingly ages just to login.

I’m not sure whether the issue is to do with the studio launched browser?

Thanks

I have run the recording on studio of some other test steps, logging into a different website and doing different things, this works just as fast as the addon recorder in playback which is quite surprising.

This would mean that for the particular URL i am accessing to login, the studio has difficulties loading the webpages for.

Could it be because when I access the url in my normal browser i accept the certificate exceptions for the website, and so when i run the addon the browser already knows i have provided exceptions.

As the studio launches a new window, could it be an exceptions related issue that causes it to slowdown, it is the only thing i can think of that is different between the two websites i logged into?

That certainly sounds like the case. Katalon launches a new browser instance, and I don’t believe it would understand those cert exception errors. It’s most likely timing out on each one, which is why it’s taking far longer to get through the same tests.

1 Like

I am also getting same issue is there any solution for this?