Katalon studio does not record or spy

hi,
maybe i did some basically wrong…
i installed and activated katalon studio. but it is not possible to record or spy web elements. all i see is a message box with a big red X :’(

any idea or hints what is going wrong ?
i am using win7 and firefox 56, Katalon Studio 5.2
this problem is also with Chrome

redx.PNG

Can you tell me how does that error happens? When you click on Spy Or Record button? Or when you start a new browser from ‘Spy’ and ‘Record’?
Please also show me Katalon Studio logs also, it’s available as .log file in this folder (example): C:\5.2.0\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.2.0.1\config\.metadata\.log

I faced the same issue. Log is attached.

.log

thomas said:

hi,
maybe i did some basically wrong…
i installed and activated katalon studio. but it is not possible to record or spy web elements. all i see is a message box with a big red X :cry:

any idea or hints what is going wrong ?
i am using win7 and firefox 56, Katalon Studio 5.2
this problem is also with Chrome

I faced the same issue. Log is attached.

Please use the latest version of Firefox (58) and try again.

Is there any backward compatibiilty for running old version of firefox. Any settings available to work on earlier versions of firefox.

chandar said:

Is there any backward compatibiilty for running old version of firefox. Any settings available to work on earlier versions of firefox.

Hi chandar,

Due to Firefox 57+ updated policy: WebExtensions in Firefox 57 | Mozilla Add-ons Community Blog, this means you can actually EXECUTE your current test cases with your current installed versions, but unfortunately you can’t spy or record on versions less than 57 due to that policy. Using Firefox 57+ will assure you can spy and record properly :slight_smile:

Regards

KS latest version does not support FF 57.

Manual Tester said:

KS latest version does not support FF 57.

It is supported also for FF58, can you describe where it doesn’t work from your side?

I am not getting any error message, It only record browser opening, after that nothing is recording.

FF.JPG

Hi Usman Ansari,
In this case, please provide more details, prefer to use the format at this link: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/4405/how-to-log-issues-bugs-effectively#latest

Hello,

Use

npm uninstall -g appium

and uninstall latest Appium.

Install Stable version

**npm uninstall -g appium@1.8
It Should work…!!!

Hi Alice,

Please see below the details:

## Operating System:

·
Windows 10

## Katalon Studio
Version:

·

## Environment (for
Web testing)

·
Google Chrome and Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

## Expected Behavior

·
Record steps in Katalon Studio

## Actual Behavior

·
In pop-up, not recording any step

**## Screenshots /
Videos: **

·
Already posted

Hi Usman Ansari,
How about the .log file? :slight_smile:
Regard,

Alice said:

Hi Usman Ansari,
How about the .log file? :slight_smile:
Regard,

Hello Alice,

Use

**npm uninstall -g appium **

and uninstall latest Appium.

Install Stable version

**npm install -g appium@1.8
It Will work…!!!

Facing same issue as Usman

face same issue with you

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.