Katalon Not Responding in most recent update

The latest version of Katalon Studio seems to be taking longer to launch test cases.
I am seeing (Not Responding) messages after I click on the run button [>]
Is anyone else seeing this?

Katalon Studio
Version: 6.1.5
Build: 3

See my attached log file.
Katalon0523.log (281.1 KB)

Yes, I’m seeing the same thing.

Hi @Dave_Evers … Please try the below :

In katalon.ini … You can change this to -Xmx4096m or -Xmx8192m or even lager depending how large physical memory your PC has.

katalon.ini … is located in the installation folder.

The flag Xmx specifies the maximum memory allocation pool for a Java virtual machine (JVM), while Xms specifies the initial memory allocation pool. This means that your JVM will be started with Xms amount of memory and will be able to use a maximum of Xmx amount of memory.

Katallon%20INI

Changing katalon.ini to -Xmx4096m or -Xmx8192m makes no difference
**The test case is very small, 12 lines long.

In the log you attached, I found the following lines:

----------------------------------- SOURCE BEGIN -------------------------------------
import 
CustomKeywords.'tools.apiVaraiables.randomString'()
println(Random)

----------------------------------- SOURCE END -------------------------------------

Is it the code of your test case?

The following line looks invalid. This code would never work. Don’t you think so?

import

No this is not in the test code.
Here is another log from today.
Also as noted above, another Katalon user is seeing the same issue.

KatalonJune3.log (22.0 KB)

I am wondering if it’s due to checking the following…

Could not find element with Id 'com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.handledmenuitem.webServiceRequest'
Could not find element with Id 'katalon.composer.objectrepository.handledmenuitem.spyweb'
Could not find element with Id 'com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.dynamicmenucontribution.ios'
Could not find element with Id 'com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.dynamicmenucontribution.ios'
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.project.constants.composerProjectMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testcase.constants.composerTestcaseMessages
Warning: NLS missing message: BTN_ADDTESTSUITE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testcase.constants.composerTestcaseMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: PA_LBL_CREATED_DATE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.constants.composerTestsuiteMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: PA_LBL_LAST_UPDATED in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.constants.composerTestsuiteMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.objectrepository.constant.composerObjectRepositoryMessages
Warning: NLS missing message: MSG_FORUM_SEARCH in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

Hi everyone,

Katalon Studio version 7.0.0 is enhanced to reduce memory consumption by adding some JVM options.

Please first check out the release note and click here to download if you want to try out version 7.0.0 (beta).

Cheers

Jass

Hi everyone,

We have a significant update on this in v8.2.0 recently, now:

• Improved loading time in Katalon Runtime Engine. Results from our benchmarking tests show: 2x faster for big projects, 1.5x faster for small and medium projects.
  • Improved responsiveness and loading time for big projects in Katalon Studio. Results from our benchmarking tests show: renaming/opening test cases 2x faster, moving test cases 1.5x faster.
  • Reduced 12% memory consumption on average of Katalon Studio when opening/executing tests.
  • Reduced 30% memory consumption on average of Katalon Runtime Engine for long execution sessions.

Please first check out the release note and click [here ]((https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases/tag/v8.2.0) to download if you want to try out version 8.2.0 (stable).