Katalon Console Mode - Chrome instances are not closed, Consuming 100% CPU

Hi,

I am running Katalon test using Console mode and my test suite contains 4 tests.

However I have observed that after execution completes (My tests have failed) katalon studio report is prepared and is console is closed but it left 4 Chrome instance in task manager consuming more than 90% of cpu.

Anyone observed similar issue?

There is a setting where you can make Katalon clean up after running, project> settings> execution> default. That seems to do it for me

Anthony said:

There is a setting where you can make Katalon clean up after running, project> settings> execution> default. That seems to do it for me

This works to close Chrome Browser instance however Chrome.exe task is not getting closed - Checked in Task Manager

That settings only terminate chromedriver.exe. Please ensure you’ve called ‘Close Browser’ keyword also at the end of your test, otherwise Chrome.exe still exists until you call this keyword

It happened with specific chromedriver.exe verison only. After update of Katalon 5.4.2, it’s working fine. we can close this thread

Rudra said:

It happened with specific chromedriver.exe verison only. After update of Katalon 5.4.2, it’s working fine. we can close this thread

Reproduces on 5.8!
Chrome.exe processes are left open .
ChromeDriver.exe are doing the same.
Running from command line also adds “Conhost.exe” on the build agent.

100% CPU on the runner pc

I also have this issue on my machine. To workaround it, I created a .bat file that looks like this:

taskkill /f /im chromedriver.exe
taskkill /f /im chrome.exe
pause

I run it after long Katalon sessions to free up memory.