Katalon Analytics - Unable to login from client

Hey,

I have seen a couple of errors on these forums in relation to katalon studio unable to connect to Katalon Analytics. They mostly referred to proxy settings which i have tried both as configured via the system defaults (which works fine with all my tests) and also manually configuring the proxy with settings i have. Whenever i manually configure the proxy no matter if i use IP Address or string this causes my tests to fail. If i leave it at system default everything works.

My issue is when i leave it at system default or manually configured i get the below error when trying to connect to Katalon Analytics. Does anyone have any idea?

com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.providers.AnalyticsApiProvider.requestToken(AnalyticsApiProvider.java:87)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.analytics.handlers.AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.requestToken(AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.java:182)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.analytics.handlers.AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.getToken(AnalyticsAuthorizationHandler.java:32)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.analytics.preferences.AnalyticsPreferencesPage$2.widgetSelected(AnalyticsPreferencesPage.java:442)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.SettingHandler.openSettingsDialogToPage(SettingHandler.java:251)
	at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.SettingHandler.execute(SettingHandler.java:76)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:282)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:264)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:152)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:494)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:433)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(AbstractContributionItem.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.AbstractContributionItem$3.handleEvent(AbstractContributionItem.java:482)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4236)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3824)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:693)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.internalRunGUI(Application.java:154)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.runGUI(Application.java:144)
	at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:74)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
	[CIRCULAR REFERENCE:com.kms.katalon.integration.analytics.exceptions.AnalyticsApiExeception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]

I have noticed a few similar posts to this but haven’t found a resolution to this yet? It seems to also impact The katalon plugin options as well. If someone finds an answer to this exact error message please let me know.

Until then i will go back to using Katalon 6.1.4 as i can get reports using this version.

This error was in the new Katalon Studio 6.2.0

1 Like

Hola @jayster2100,

Please check the option Bypass certificate validation in the Project Settings and try again.

This is the root cause of the issue: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed.

You will need a valid certification to be able to upload the log to Katalon Analytics Server. Please contact your IT team.

Regards,

Jass

I, too, am using 6.2.0 and I’m still getting this error, even with selecting the “Bypass certificate validation” button.

Hi @Seumas_Rhea

Please navigate to Project Settings > Network > Check Bypass certificate validation > Locate the KeyStore file for hostname verification of https://analytics.katalon.com/.

Good luck,

Jass

Thanks for the info. I found what I think is the correct file in “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_162\lib\security\cacerts”. However, no one here knows what the “KeyStore Password” is.

Hi @Seumas_Rhea,

Here is the instruction for generating a Keystore and its password https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19509-01/820-3503/ggfen/index.html. The password should be generated by you. Keystore, in this case, is to be used for your system to trust analytics.katalon.com.

Regards,

Jass