JIRA Linking to existing issue

I was able to create a new Bug issue from my Test Report, however after creating the Jira issue, the link did not display in the Linked Jira Issues window. I tried add the issue using the Link to existing issue via the Add menu, which gives me an invalid request message.

Looking at the log files I see the following exception being thrown:

com.kms.katalon.integration.jira.JiraIntegrationException: Invalid request with URL: https://myjirasite/rest/api/2/issue/ISSUE-1226

at com.kms.katalon.integration.jira.request.JiraIntegrationRequest.getResultFromRequest(JiraIntegrationRequest.java:187)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.jira.request.JiraIntegrationRequest.sendPutRequest(JiraIntegrationRequest.java:80)

at com.kms.katalon.integration.jira.JiraIntegrationAuthenticationHandler.updateIssue(JiraIntegrationAuthenticationHandler.java:66)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira.report.dialog.progress.LinkJiraIssueProgressDialog.updateJiraIssue(LinkJiraIssueProgressDialog.java:65)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira.report.dialog.progress.LinkJiraIssueProgressDialog.access$2(LinkJiraIssueProgressDialog.java:63)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.integration.jira.report.dialog.progress.LinkJiraIssueProgressDialog$1.run(LinkJiraIssueProgressDialog.java:38)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

I am able to cut and past the rest api url into my browser and I do get a response, I am also able to configure the Jira integration settings without any authentication issues.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I have ran into this issue a few times with Jenkins console output message … It was for only specific test suites, particularly suites that had a lot of failures. My thought is this is due to the attachment size being to large for Jira’s api to ingest (or your instance of jira). I would try messing around with the amount of information you send (try a light issue) and see if it accepts. Just a thought, could be a different issue though…

1 Like