Jira Automatic Send Result?

Hello,

I have a katalon suite with jira integration activate and the option ’ Automatically submit test result’ enable. But when the suite is finish nothing happend to Jira board. I can add issues manually but the result won’t upload auto.

Have you an answer to this kind of problem ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks

I want to add that the option ’ Automatically submit test result’ is available for Jira Integration also in the Katalon Documentation, BUT without any explanation.

I did however see the following in my log when running Katalon in console-mode:

Copying report to folder C:\Jenkins\workspace\Katalon Studio - ESB API\Reports\20180602_152333…
Uploading report to JIRA…
Start sending test result to JIRA issues
Report has been sent to JIRA

BUT I have not been able to find anything in JIRA.

Is this a not yet working option?
Can someone elaborate WHERE in JIRA these Reports are sent to?

UPDATE: I now understand that it means that Report MAY be sent to existing linked JIRA issues, but because I had not created any JIRA issues for these testcases, there is nothing to update in JIRA issues.
So actually the “Report has been sent to JIRA” just mean “Report may have been sent to JIRA”.
I misunderstood the concept of this option.

1 Like

Please see this documentation where test result is submitted to: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Install+and+Use+Katalon’s+JIRA+add-on#InstallandUseKatalon’sJIRAadd-on-KatalonStudioTestExecutionStatus

Gerard van der Winkel said:

I want to add that the option ’ Automatically submit test result’ is available for Jira Integration also in the Katalon Documentation, BUT without any explanation.

I did however see the following in my log when running Katalon in console-mode:

Copying report to folder C:\Jenkins\workspace\Katalon Studio - ESB API\Reports\20180602_152333…
Uploading report to JIRA…
Start sending test result to JIRA issues
Report has been sent to JIRA

BUT I have not been able to find anything in JIRA.

Is this a not yet working option?
Can someone elaborate WHERE in JIRA these Reports are sent to?

UPDATE: I now understand that it means that Report MAY be sent to existing linked JIRA issues, but because I had not created any JIRA issues for these testcases, there is nothing to update in JIRA issues.
So actually the “Report has been sent to JIRA” just mean “Report may have been sent to JIRA”.
I misunderstood the concept of this option.

Hi,

Does this option work only when you have the Katalon JIRA add on? Or will it work even with normal JIRA integration (without Add on)?

Vinh Nguyen said:

Please see this documentation where test result is submitted to: https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Install+and+Use+Katalon’s+JIRA+add-on#InstallandUseKatalon’sJIRAadd-on-KatalonStudioTestExecutionStatus

but this only in Jira Server no in Jira Cloud