Javascript errors with Katalon Recorder extension 7.0.0 release

Just adding some Chrome and Edge observations of impacts of the recent Katalon Recorder upgrade to 7.0.0:

Using Chrome, the storeEval command throws a Content Security Policy exception error.

Javascript errors also occur on the application under test. For example, buttons that were previously selectable can no longer be selected if the Katalon extension is active.

Even an attempt to access the Azure portal in Edge hangs if the Katalon extension is active.

Not able to upload files as part of a test. Returns an error to start the Firefox Katalon Recorder helper but I am running the test using Edge browser

The Katalon extension has to be removed from the browser to be able to run applications successfully which effectively renders Katalon version 7.0.0 has unusable at the moment.

3 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

There’s at least two threads for this already including Why is Katalon Recorder v7.0 drastically slower than v6.0.3?

They are aware of issues like this atm, and are apparently working on fixes

1 Like

Hi there Neil, :wave:

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We appreciate your help in identifying problems and unusual behaviors.

We will be forwarding your issue to our Recorder team soon. Before doing so, could you please provide the following:

1. The web page that you were testing with Katalon Recorder.
  2. The steps to reproduce the bug.
  3. A screen recording of the bug in action.

The information above will be very helpful to our Recorder team!

:information_source: Additionally, you could also contact our Recorder team via the email: recorder-services@katalon.com for faster support, bug report, or feature requests.

Thanks,
Katalon Community team

I’m also seeing an issue with certain pages of my application where it looks like the KR extension is affecting the version of jQuery that my page uses. I’ve stripped down my page to the bare bones to try to isolate the issue and have found out the following.

When the KR extension is disabled in Chrome and I run $().jquery to find the jQuery version in my browser console it correctly reports 3.4.1 as my local jQuery.min.js file confirms. However when I activate the extension and do the same console command it now shows as jQuery version 3.2.1. This in spite of the fact that the local jQuery file (loaded by the page) is still for 3.4.1

When the KR extension is activated the following JS files are also executing prompt.js and runScript.js - could these files be resposible in someway?

2 Likes

Hi @neil.jones, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are going to release version 7.0.1 which address the issues of Jquery and returnPrompt function in the beginning of next week. I hope this can resolved the issue about the javascript error.
Regarding the issue with the Azure website please be assured that we are actively investigating them.
We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated on our progress.
Thank you

1 Like