Issues with the release 5.7.0 - application crashes and impossible to paste text

Since that the new release of Katalon Recorder has been updated automatically into Chrome (new Release 5.7.0), I got a lot issues:
When I open the tool, it takes a lot of times before to be operational. It crashes regularly after loading, I obtained this popup message:
And the error appears just after:

Sometimes I can access to the Test Suits, but I cannot enter text inside a field (target, value, …). When I try to add a new command, I cannot paste text (especially in the path field) and I cannot go (scroll down) at the bottom of the command list:

I tried to close the browser and to reopen it, but it’s still the same issue.
I tried also to uninstal the tool and reinstall it, but the issues are still the same.

Could you please help me with that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have the same problem, AND also the Toggle Breakpoint feature does not work. And it is not possible to send comments with the Feedback feature.

Hey guys, we’re working on a fix immediately, it should be available soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

thanks - Good to know

I am experiencing the same @Katalon_team
Please release bug fix into prod ASAP!

Hi,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have submitted a fix but we need Chrome Web Store to approve it. It could take up to 1-2 days.

Thanks for your patience. My apologies once again.

I am finding myself exasperated with this version. I don’t often feel that way, as I love the product, but i’m running into all kinds of issues with using this version (…and i’ve been using KAR for years…), to the point i’m actually feeling like I just have to not use it till some of these issues are fixed.

1 Like

Other UX issues that i’ve run into with the new UI is how do I:

• Select a whole line (and not just a cell) (e.g. to copy and paste it to elsewhere)
  • Select a line just to highlight it, without also triggering the edit state of the text input field (when it may not be my intent to even edit anything)

UPDATE: Figured out how to do both by accident…

I found the same thing. I could not select all steps, copy and paste. It would not let me type in some cells. It crashed on me as well. It would be nice to be able to roll back or not take an update.

Same here.
Code that used to work perfectly now stalls randomly , cannot edit anything, requires mouse change cells and to select text, not able to select lines and copy-paste them.
Remember that using the mouse in this tool requires more time than before.

Can we block the automatic updates, i would love to wait until the updates are well tested before updating?
Any tricks to reverse the update?

If not, Thank you for a prompt update.

This is funny! Does the testing application have no QA? Let me restore to the old version.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Apologies for the inconvenience. The 5.7.0 version includes a small shaded bar on the left side of each test step, which you can click on to select an entire row.

We have reverted back to the previous version while we fix the new version.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi,
Still having issues. I have a big weekend in front of me.
It would have taken me a day with Katalon, now have to the tests manually.

So you know, some of the code I run yesterday before the update of 5.7.0 is not running with the 5.7.1 anymore. It is not able to do simple gotoI, gotoLabel, and some other functions.

Your sample code is working, if I do some modification it becomes erratic.

Tried doing new test cases from scratch, it runs a while then it stops.
After it has stop once, it never does the gotoIf and gotoLabel actions again.
Stays on it and does nothing. No timeouts, nothing.
Very strange.

Hi there, please try to uninstall and install it again, and reload your test cases, as 5.7.1 is pretty much the same as 5.6.5 because rolled back.

5.7.1 ‘fixed’ things for me, but as Thanh To pointed out, 5.7.1 is effectively just v5.6.5 but with a new version number attached.

1 Like