Is it possible to setup Katalon Analytics locally?

This could be a blocker for Katalon Analytics, not the Studio.

I think most companies would prefer to keep the sensitive data on a local server, especially with GDPR in European Union that deals with protection of personal information:

https://eugdpr.org/.

Yes very important, most companies I have worked for would not allow the saving of data on external websites. Need to be able to have Katalon Analytics locally.

+1 interested for the local Katalon Analytics for the same reason ; company data confidentiality

+1 Looking got analysstics for TS without sending emails and read report from it : )

+1 same reason “interested for the local Katalon Analytics for the same reason ; company data confidentiality”

There is a whole new reporting module in the works (I suspect to be released as a plugin). Perhaps to coincide with that, another plugin to abstract KA and host it ourselves.

Just a guess though.

@devalex88 - comments?

Dear @Russ_Thomas and other devs,

Can you please provide more information about this reporting module?

Just as many other people expressed in this community the importance of being able to run Katalon Analytics locally, I would like to ask what is the strategy of Katalon developers for this important feature?

Cordially,
Thank you.

Hi Katalon Team, and other devs,
Any updates on Katalon Analytics Local version ? Please let us know.
Thanks,

Hello

+1 any update on this ? Thanks

Hello

+1 Any more informations ?

Thanks

This is a major issue for the company I’m working with as well. GDPR is blocking the possibility of uploading test results externally.
It has been 2 years since this topic was started. How are we doing on this and how much longer do we have to wait?

And why? Since when should tests results contain sensitive Data?
Not even in any of your test cases should be any form of sensitive data, so I actually don’t understand why you talk about data safety and GDPR issues…

Correct me if im wrong but I actually don’t see any issues here!

not true, unless your test reports contains personal data and you upload them to a public available site without any protection.
if you are not confident in hosted KA use testrail, or any other tool to centralize the test results (own server or hosted services)

^this
It makes no sense to use such sensitive Data in any kind of testing environment…
Create a dummy environment with dummy data and voila, there is nothing to worry about anymore.

@Dominik_Kreft well … let’s suppose you have to do a real px test with real data … however, you upload only the test results, not test data.
and even if, for some reason, some personal data from db may leak into the report, you give the access to the reports only to entitled persons, even with KA.
so … arguing with GDPR is realy not an issue unless somebody don’t have any clue what GDPR means.

i do understand the concern but … @mattias.norin i am working also under EU regulations but nothing stopped our company to use centralized hosted reported services.
we simply take care of who may see it …

Our legal department will not buy that for a second. I guess we will have to look elsewhere for a test tool.

or change the legal department :smiley:
on the other side, nothing stop’s you to upload the reports to an own hosted apache server. i did that and is not rocket science

yeah lmao, maybe they should learn something about their job :sweat_smile:

Yeah of course that could be somehow possible… but, to really hurt the gdpr rules you need different set of data, that would somehow identify the person behind that.
And that shouldn’t be in any test data…

that’s a different discusion. qa testing vs px testing and so on
testing with dummy data has a great importance. as real data tests too
but proper planing can avoid such concerns
let’s stick with the topic thread

You can rant all day about this but it isnt very helpful. You fail to adress the issue here, the demand for a local setup for KA.
And telling people that they should learn their job isn´t very professional when you don’t know anything about their circumstances.
So if you don´t have any useful input about the topic please save your breath.