Install Runtime Engine

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/install-RE.html

29%20PM

Hi, i cant install it on macMojave. please give an another instruction

Getting this error message when trying to open the RE from MacOS

Please move Katalon Studio to Application folder and try to open it again.

I’m facing the same issue.

After moving Katalon Studio Engine to Application folder, click to its icon, the loading screen was displayed for few seconds and shutdown.

I restarted my laptop but not much changes.

It seems I gave a misguided advice. @nguyen.tran, @Hemachandran

Runtime Engine is used for command line execution, there is no GUI for you to ‘open’ per-se. In order to use Runtime Engine, please generate a Command from Katalon Studio (which does have a GUI) and then navigate to Runtime Engine folder and execute the test in the console mode using the generated command.

Thanks for advice @ThanhTo.

But found another problem with the project created by Katalon Studio. When I execute this project by command line (via Runtime Engine), I cannot open this project again in Katalon Studio.

Hi @nguyen.tran

Try to close Katalon and open again, if it persists, then please paste the full log here.

Hi @ThanhTo ,

You mean this?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method close() on null object
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:91)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.call(NullCallSite.java:35)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:57)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:117)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.generation.GlobalVariableTemplate.generateGlobalVariableFile(GlobalVariableTemplate.groovy:111)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:93)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1215)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1024)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:812)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.generation.GlobalVariableTemplate.invokeMethod(GlobalVariableTemplate.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.parser.GlobalVariableParser.generateGlobalVariableFile(GlobalVariableParser.java:57)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.parser.GlobalVariableParser.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableParser.java:45)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableController.java:65)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProjectForUI(ProjectController.java:103)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler$1.run(OpenProjectHandler.java:165)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

@nguyen.tran

Please try removing Libs and bin folder in your project and open it again.

Thanks @ThanhTo.

It works well now. So if I face this issue again, do your advice again?

1 Like

how do you update Katalon RE?

Why can’t I use a Trial License when it is run on Jenkins?

Hi all,
When I run Test Suite with KRE version 7.6.x. I see that my Test Suite have been re-run, although I don’t set any attribute re-run in my command.

I am looking to purchase a Katalon Runtime Engine. I currently use the free version of KSE. If I purchase the KRE license, can I use it with the free KSE or do I need to purchase a KSE license to ensure my KRE works as intended?

Thank you for any guidance!

Hi @peters_colby

The answer is yes, you can use KRE to run tests developed using free KS.

Hi, on a Mac, if you right-click on the app and then hold down the “Option”/“Alt” key and then click “Open” in the menu, it should give you a different warning message, but you should now have the option to open it. Hope that helps any Mac users out there.

Hi, I have purchased two license one is katalon studio enterprise and one is katalon runtime engine devops. Installed katalon studio enterprise on windows machine , activated and machine has been added in katalon studio enterprise.

Downloaded installed and extracted katalon runtime engine on AWS Ubuntu server .
Trying to activate and run katalon runtime engine by the command generated on katalon studio enterprise, but it is not getting activated and it is getting fail.

Please fins the below mentioned error screenshot.

Select the compatible version of Katalon Runtime Engine with your operating system and download. For example, Linux version:

Unzip the package and move to the preferred directory to execute automation tests.

macOS: If you currently use macOS Catalina, you have to enable Katalon Studio Engine application in System Preferences/ Security & Privacy/ General.

Linux: Be sure to install OpenJDK 8 on your Ubuntu (NOT Oracle JDK). You can find the installation steps here. Once you finish the installation, your OpenJDK information is displayed when you execute java -version command.

Troubleshoot: You may encounter the NoClassDefFoundError error since Oracle JDK is being used. Please uninstall Oracle JDK, and then install Open JDK8.

Hi Team,
I have installed KRE trial version 7.7.0. I have added basic report plugin but i can’t see index.html report generated. When i run using KSE it generating index.html report.
does anyone know why KRE is not generating index.html report??