Install Runtime Engine

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/install-RE.html

29%20PM

Hi, i cant install it on macMojave. please give an another instruction

Getting this error message when trying to open the RE from MacOS

Please move Katalon Studio to Application folder and try to open it again.

I’m facing the same issue.

After moving Katalon Studio Engine to Application folder, click to its icon, the loading screen was displayed for few seconds and shutdown.

I restarted my laptop but not much changes.

It seems I gave a misguided advice. @nguyen.tran, @Hemachandran

Runtime Engine is used for command line execution, there is no GUI for you to ‘open’ per-se. In order to use Runtime Engine, please generate a Command from Katalon Studio (which does have a GUI) and then navigate to Runtime Engine folder and execute the test in the console mode using the generated command.

Thanks for advice @ThanhTo.

But found another problem with the project created by Katalon Studio. When I execute this project by command line (via Runtime Engine), I cannot open this project again in Katalon Studio.

Hi @nguyen.tran

Try to close Katalon and open again, if it persists, then please paste the full log here.

Hi @ThanhTo ,

You mean this?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method close() on null object
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:91)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.call(NullCallSite.java:35)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:57)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:117)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.generation.GlobalVariableTemplate.generateGlobalVariableFile(GlobalVariableTemplate.groovy:111)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:93)
at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:325)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1215)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1024)
at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:812)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.generation.GlobalVariableTemplate.invokeMethod(GlobalVariableTemplate.groovy)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.parser.GlobalVariableParser.generateGlobalVariableFile(GlobalVariableParser.java:57)
at com.kms.katalon.custom.parser.GlobalVariableParser.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableParser.java:45)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.GlobalVariableController.generateGlobalVariableLibFile(GlobalVariableController.java:65)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.ProjectController.openProjectForUI(ProjectController.java:103)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.project.handlers.OpenProjectHandler$1.run(OpenProjectHandler.java:165)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

@nguyen.tran

Please try removing Libs and bin folder in your project and open it again.

Thanks @ThanhTo.

It works well now. So if I face this issue again, do your advice again?

how do you update Katalon RE?

Why can’t I use a Trial License when it is run on Jenkins?