After update to Katalon 7 it is impossible to run the application on MacOS

I installed the newest version of Katalon and later the Runtime Engine.
Both installations were successful.
When I tried to run Katalon, then Runtime Engine - they ended with a failure, the output from the log is listed below:

!SESSION 2019-11-05 12:19:56.059 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_181

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=pl_PL

Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/mmachlowska/.eclipse_keyring

Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault -keyring /Users/mmachlowska/.eclipse_keyring

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-11-05 12:19:58.430

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The platform metadata area could not be written: /private/var/folders/_4/q98qkrjj1hg8lrsxfws0f7n40000gn/T/AppTranslocation/028459C7-4376-48C7-935F-4AA977B94DBC/d/Katalon Studio Engine.app/Contents/MacOS/config/.metadata. By default the platform writes its content

under the current working directory when the platform is launched. Use the -data parameter to

specify a different content area for the platform.

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.assertLocationInitialized(DataArea.java:61)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.DataArea.getStateLocation(DataArea.java:129)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.getBaseLocation(InstancePreferences.java:44)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.initializeChildren(InstancePreferences.java:209)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.<init>(InstancePreferences.java:59)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.InstancePreferences.internalCreate(InstancePreferences.java:220)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:352)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:340)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.createNode(PreferencesService.java:391)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getChild(RootPreferences.java:60)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getNode(RootPreferences.java:95)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.node(RootPreferences.java:84)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.AbstractScope.getNode(AbstractScope.java:38)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.preferences.InstanceScope.getNode(InstanceScope.java:77)

at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.ScopedPreferenceStore.getStorePreferences(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:216)

at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.ScopedPreferenceStore.<init>(ScopedPreferenceStore.java:117)

at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.PreferenceStoreManager.initialPreferenceStore(PreferenceStoreManager.java:25)

at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.PreferenceStoreManager.getPreferenceStore(PreferenceStoreManager.java:21)

at com.kms.katalon.preferences.internal.PreferenceStoreManager.getPreferenceStore(PreferenceStoreManager.java:14)

at com.kms.katalon.util.ApplicationSession.getStore(ApplicationSession.java:47)

at com.kms.katalon.util.ApplicationSession.clean(ApplicationSession.java:16)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.preRunInit(Application.java:120)

at com.kms.katalon.core.application.Application.start(Application.java:63)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

MacBook-Pro-Brainly:configuration mmachlowska$

What can I do to fix it?
Best,
Maria

Did you install KSE using the .app file or the DMG file?

I am using DMG file.

If you currently use macOS Catalina, you have to enable Katalon Studio and Katalon Studio Engine applications in System Preferences/ Security & Privacy/ General .

Thank you @devalex88, but I did it right after running the application, this is not the issue in my case.

I have no Katalon app waiting in the privacy options to be confirmed by the trusted developer.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.