Install & Re-launch non-functional

Hello all,

I decided to give the auto-updater a shot to go from 5.4.1 to 5.4.2, I’m able to download the new version fine it seems (although I’m not sure where it is downloading to), but when I try to install and re-launch Katalon will close but the new version never opens up or shows itself (again I’m not sure where it is installing to either). I’ll keep myself on the previous version for now so I can help figure this out together.

Any help with this is appreciated,

TGP

1 Like

Tyler Prada said:

Hello all,

I decided to give the auto-updater a shot to go from 5.4.1 to 5.4.2, I’m able to download the new version fine it seems (although I’m not sure where it is downloading to), but when I try to install and re-launch Katalon will close but the new version never opens up or shows itself (again I’m not sure where it is installing to either). I’ll keep myself on the previous version for now so I can help figure this out together.

Any help with this is appreciated,

TGP

Can you show me Katalon Studio updater logs, there should be .log file in this place\configuration\resources\update\updater

Hello @Vinh Nguyen,

I have looked in that folder and all that’s in there is the updater-1.0.0.jar file, I do however see there is a 5.4.2 folder in the update folder so I can confirm that download worked as there are files in there waiting for the install.

Out of curiosity I ran the updater again to see if it would generate that log file but to no avail.

I’ve got this problem, too.

After the update has supposedly finished downloading, KS prompted me for the restart. After closing the Katalon Studio I saw some kind of an error message (something like: Katalon update failed, but I’m not 100% sure). Now when I try starting the 5.4.1. version I get the following notice

After I click OK, KS shuts down and if I try to restart it, I get this:

The log file itself says:

!SESSION 2018-06-04 08:26:29.633 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_102

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-06-04 08:26:30.024

!MESSAGE Bundle reference:file:org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.1.200.v20160504-1450.jar@1:start not found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-06-04 08:26:30.055

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

2018-06-04_8-25-48.png

2018-06-04_8-38-56.png

I have ended up installing/updating Katalon manually for the sake of time. If this rears itself an an issue with the next version then I will circle back on it.

Bumping this since version 5.5 is now out and I have tried this again with issues. The log is not being generated as I still only see this .jar file in the updater folder.

Once again I am being prompted to update but once I select to install and restart Katalon it just closes and does nothing else.