Updates - Not Working

I am using KS to perform Web Application testing for a few years now. If I don’t get this resolved soon I may stop using KS all together.

Operating System

• Win 7 SP1

Katalon Studio Version

Katalon Studio logs

All launchers terminated
Start clean up session
End check license task
End clean up session
Start release license task
License released
End release license task
katalon.versionNumber=7.7.2
katalon.buildNumber=205
!SESSION 2022-04-09 16:35:27.120 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_181
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -data @noDefault

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2022-04-09 16:35:35.144
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.
Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.handledmenuitem.webServiceRequest’
Not a valid list position.
Could not find element with Id ‘katalon.composer.objectrepository.handledmenuitem.spyweb’
Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.dynamicmenucontribution.ios’
Could not find element with Id ‘com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.dynamicmenucontribution.ios’
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.project.constants.composerProjectMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testcase.constants.composerTestcaseMessages
Warning: NLS missing message: BTN_ADDTESTSUITE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testcase.constants.composerTestcaseMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: PA_LBL_CREATED_DATE in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.constants.composerTestsuiteMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: PA_LBL_LAST_UPDATED in: com.kms.katalon.composer.testsuite.constants.composerTestsuiteMessages
Warning: NLS unused message: Key in: com.kms.katalon.composer.objectrepository.constant.composerObjectRepositoryMessages
Warning: NLS missing message: OFFLINE_ACTIVATION in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages
Warning: NLS missing message: ENTERPRISE_TRIAL_LICENSE in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages
Warning: NLS missing message: ActivationDialogV2_LBL_ENTERPRISE_LICENSE in: com.kms.katalon.constants.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2022-04-09 16:35:59.182
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: ‘C:\Users\palamida’. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.
Start checking and mark activated for GUI mode
Start getting machine ID on Windows
Start appending additional signatures
hardwareSerialNumber
osDependentUsername pcoulson
End appending additional signatures 4a8ff86a-d290-4c22-a3fd-bc659298e7d2__pcoulson
End getting machine ID on Windows 57e7b210e291cf9be375396e2211688a
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
End checking and mark activated for GUI mode
Start check license task
Warning: NLS unused message: LBL_DEFAULT_LOCATOR_SELECTION_AREA in: com.katalon.plugin.smart_xpath.constant.SmartXpathMessages
All launchers terminated
Start clean up session
End check license task
End clean up session
Start release license task
License released
End release license task

Steps to reproduce:

Using Win 7/sp1 and Katalon Studio, I click Check for Updates. My current version is 7.7.2, it finds the new version 8.2.5

When I click Download, it appears to work. It progresses to say “Install and Relaunch”. When I click Install and Relaunch, it does not actually work. Katalon closes but never reopens. And when manually opened it is not the new version.

Expected Behavior:

KS should update and relaunch

Actual Behavior:

KS version stays same and does not relaunch

Try to do a new install (download the latest stable version and unpack it in a fresh new folder).
You are trying to upgrade from an ancient version, lot of stuff may go wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.