Import Excel into Katalon Studio

I have written test cases in excel,i want to import that excel into katalon and execute those test cases in katalon studio.How can i do that?

i would like to see that excel file

Andrej Podhajský said:

i would like to see that excel file

i have some sample login details with username and password,i want to test these username and password details.i m uploading this using excel.find the attached file and let me know the correct way of doing this

Book1.xlsx

ok, perfect, so you actually have data for test cases to be used in data-driven tesing.
what you need is to use that excel as data source for your test case.
Katalon have really good documentation on this and can be found here:
https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/data-driven-testing/

Andrej Podhajský said:

ok, perfect, so you actually have data for test cases to be used in data-driven tesing.
what you need is to use that excel as data source for your test case.
Katalon have really good documentation on this and can be found here:
https://www.katalon.com/resources-center/tutorials/data-driven-testing/

so can i just prepare test cases in excel and execute using this approaach???

you prepare data for test cases. you still need to prepare test cases in Katalon studio. after that, yes, using data fom excel you can run test cases using different data.

Andrej Podhajský said:

you prepare data for test cases. you still need to prepare test cases in Katalon studio. after that, yes, using data fom excel you can run test cases using different data.

preparing test cases in katalon is again time consuming,isn’t it.So what i want is just to import the excel file that i have and run those test cases in that excel file

the excel file you post, contains just 2 columns - login and password.
just let me ask you this - based on that excel you post, how Katalon studio (as a program) should know what to do?

I want to import a excel file which hs test cases,and execute test cases in katalon.and don’t consider i have only two columns,i might have more

therefore i was asking how your test cases in excel are looking like…
short answer: no, you cannot import TC written in excel

long answer: based on structure, maybe there will be possibility to write some conversion tool it depends on how they are look like.

Hi, I want to ask about test data. Can I use two or more value for one test case?
For example I want to login with various user and password. Thanks

Hello,
yes, just read documentation:

I already read that, but I still don’t get it.
Thanks for the answer btw.

and what is result? on what point you stuck?