I'm trying to run mobile testing Katalon 8.5.4 with appium 2.0 but failed with error below

=============== ROOT CAUSE =====================
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

For trouble shooting, please visit: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/troubleshooting.html

08-09-2023 10:46:14 AM Test Cases/TC01_Login

Elapsed time: 1.763s

Test Cases/TC01_Login FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to start app at: ‘C:\Users\LENOVO\Documents’ (Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.kms.katalon.core.appium.driver.AppiumDriverManager.startAppiumServer(AppiumDriverManager.java:342)
at com.kms.katalon.core.appium.driver.AppiumDriverManager.startAppiumServerJS(AppiumDriverManager.java:266)
at

2 Likes

Hi,

Please make sure you have followed this document Execute mobile tests with Appium 2.x in Katalon Studio (PoC) | Katalon Docs. And as mentioned in the docs, If you are using Appium 2.0 and Xcode 14 to run mobile tests with physical iOS devices, you need to manually install WebDriverAgent..

2 Likes

Hi Elly,
I’m using Android Studio to run mobile tests.
How to install the webdriveragent?

1 Like

Hi,

Please refer to Katalon docs for Android [Mobile] Android Setup in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs to better set up

1 Like

Hi @Elly_Tran ,

as from the link you attached, we should use Appium version 1.x.x. So we can’t use Appium 2.x to run mobile tests with Android?

1 Like

Hi,

I do not think so because in the note of this part [Mobile] Configure Android Studio (Emulator) in Katalon Studio | Katalon Docs, we recommend the latest Appium version.
You just need to install the compatible Appium version with Android version and Katalon version you are using.

Hi @cyntiaverolita,

We are delighted to inform you that Katalon Studio version 9.1.0 has just been released which also brings support for Appium 2.x. You can learn more in our announcement topic below: :point_down:

We will also proceed to close up this topic. Should you encounter any bug whilst using KS 9.1.0, or have any other questions, feel free to create a topic in Bugs Report or Katalon Studio

Thanks, :sunglasses:
Albert from Katalon Community team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.