Unable to start app at

I’m having this error while trying to run the test cases that are created when starting a new test project for mobile.

Test Cases/Verify Correct Alarm Message FAILED.
Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to start app at: ‘C:\Users\matheus.araujo\Katalon Studio\TreinamentoMobile.prj\androidapp\APIDemos.apk’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Error getting device API level. Original error: Error executing adbExec. Original error: ‘Command ‘C:\Users\matheus.araujo\.katalon\tools\android_sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -P 5037 -s 5a57caee shell getprop ro.build.version.sdk’ exited with code 3221226356’; Stderr: ‘’; Code: ‘3221226356’ (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 1.22 seconds
Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

Katalon Version: 6.1.5
Appium Version: 1.8.1
Android Version: I’ve tried with two emulators (Android 6.0 and Android 7.0) and with my own device (Android 9.0) and all presented the same error.

In addition, I’ve already tested with the Desired Capabilities appPackage, appActivity and appWaitActivity and without them. When testing with the same settings using Appium Desktop, everything works normally, so, I believe the settings are correct.

The same error also occurs when trying to record the steps in the app:

I am actually getting the same for IOS.

Test Cases/Verify the main list FAILED.

Reason:
com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to start app at: ‘/Users/shyam.kumar/Downloads/dummy.ipa’ (Root cause: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: ‘null’ cannot be coerced to a valid version number

Build info: version: ‘3.7.1’, revision: ‘8a0099a’, time: ‘2017-11-06T21:07:36.161Z’

I was using a signed ipa file with iphone7.

1 Like

I get essentially the same error output as matheus. Any help will be much appreciated.