IE 11 Recording and Running problem

Hi everyone. I have a recording and running problem with IE11 . I made the configurations that are mentioned on the following link : https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/internet-explorer-configurations.html
But I don’t get any results at all.
Are there any suggestions?

Hi there - could you please tell us more information - youve told us there is a problem but havent actually said the issue you are facing

Actually, I don’t have a mistake. When I try to register via the IE browser, it does not record any operations (Only open browser, navigateurl and close browser can do the operations.). In addition, the browser I saved with a different browser does not run from the IE browser.

This seems to be a known bug as many people have the same issue or something similar when trying to record with IE11

@devalex88 this seems to have affected quite a few people as i can see numerous topics created - could you please advise on when a fix could be expected or a way around this issue.

2 Likes

We are working on this. Thank you all for the report.

1 Like

@kdryetyln Which version are you use? Please provide more detail (URL, log file,… ) to investigate.
Many thanks,

@Alice I use Katalaon Studio 6.0.5 version.

@Alice Actually, I don’t have a mistake. When I try to register via the IE browser, it does not record any operations (Only open browser, navigateurl and close browser can do the operations.). In addition, the browser I saved with a different browser does not run from the IE browser.

6.0.5 download on katalon.com or upgrade from v5.x.x? Because it’s work fine on my side :((

I took videos of my actions but I can’t upload it here. Unfortunately I don’t record my transactions.
Could you share a video recording? @Alice

I’m new to Katalon. I am experiencing that same issue on my Windows 10 build 1803 laptop. I have tried both version 6.0.5 and 5.10.1 test recordings via IE 11. As a test I tried the test using localhost and on my test server, in both cases IE opened, Katalon recorded ‘Open Browser’ before the login screen appeared the ‘Close Browser’ was added, then recording stops.

The application I am running is quite old and is being run in compatibility mode, it will not run on any other browsers, only IE 11!
I have attached a screenshot of what I am seeing. Please advise on how to progress.

Oh, sorry, it my mistake, the issue has been fixed in v6.0.6. You can try again with latest version(6.1) in the web site katalon.com, or using this link to download https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases

Have you tried with latest(6.1) version on our website?

@Alice I tried it with the new version But it does not happen. Operations still do not record.

Can you send me the website to record and the log file?

@Alice
I’m doing a search on Google. Normally I expect to see the settext operation on the record screen. However, it does not save the process and does not print anything in its logs.

Alice,
Today I tried following versions v6.1 32 bit and still get same issue with IE 11. Then I tried v5.10.1 using firefox to see what happens and Firefox records clicks.
The issue seems to be pointing to the IE drivers. Any thoughts?
Attached are two images to show results.

1%20firefox%20test

Thanks.

@Alice I can’t record in IE browser, I can’t run scripts that I wrote. It’s been a problem with a lot of people for quite some time ! When do you correct this problem?

Thank you everyone for reporting this issue. We are working on it for version 6.1.2. I’ll keep you all posted.

1 Like

Hi @devalex88 , I tried to download a new version of Katalon Studios (6.1.2) and make a recording with IE browser. Adds the ‘RecorderExtension.RecorderBHO’ extensionfor the browser. When I add and enable it, I can record the operations that I did during the recording. But unfortunately I don’t run my scripts when I want to run my record. Could it be something I missed? Because you said you worked. What should I do? I’m waiting for your help. Thank you …