IE11 not working

Hi, I started reviewing your product as my Company is looking at soloutions to our automation process. IE11 record and playback is not working and from reading other reported issues this is over 6 months old.Is there a plan to fix this bug? If so when will it be released? I currently have 13 testers but the IE issue would eliminate your product from consideration. Alternatively to the bug fix is there a work around? Note I followed your FAQ for IE setup and it did not resolve the problem. Thanks.

Can you provide more details about your issue?

Hi Alex,
Details as follows.

IE Version is
IE 11
Version 11.608.15063.0

Steps to reproduce
Create New Project
Click on RECORD WEB button
Added in my URL and selected IE
Web page opens
On the web page :
Fill in login details
add user name
add password
select dropdown menu
press login button

Result

No actions are recorded

If I try the same in Chrome I get 5 steps recorded

Note:Before I tried the test (per your FAQ page) I updated the registry and set the zoom to 100%

Hi Alex,

I am also facing same problem as stated by kelljohm, In my company we are using Internet Explorer browser only, Katalon tool is compatible with all the browser but failing to handle IE browser. I have written script for handling popup and it is executing and getting passed in chrome whereas in Internet Explorer 11 it is getting failed.

It would be great help if this kind of issue get resolved in IE11.

Please Note: I have performed all configuration which is documented for Internet Explorer.

Hi all , I work in govt organisation and trying to introduce katalon at my work place.I am also having problem when running on IE! We have internal application which only works on IE ! Please fix IE issue otherwise my organisation will not consider katalon studio!

Hi did anyone on this thread trying to get IE to work get this message. Unexepected error launching IE. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected mode must ne set to the same value for all zones error message? Build version 3.7.1 revision 8a0009a 2017-11-06T21:07. One of our projects on works on IE - not supported on Google Chrome or Firefox any suggestion? Yes I have disable Protected mode on IE 11 browser still get message.

Steve said:

Hi did anyone on this thread trying to get IE to work get this message. Unexepected error launching IE. Protected Mode settings are not the same for all zones. Enable Protected mode must ne set to the same value for all zones error message? Build version 3.7.1 revision 8a0009a 2017-11-06T21:07. One of our projects on works on IE - not supported on Google Chrome or Firefox any suggestion? Yes I have disable Protected mode on IE 11 browser still get message.

No you don’t have to ‘disable’ protected mode. This error message indicates you have to apply the same protected mode settings for all zones, therefore in your case you have to disable protected modes from all other zones :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Can anyone help, how to handle download dialogue box in Internet Explorer?
Also, upload Document functionality as i have followed all scripts provided in various site for upload functionality but no luck.

having the same problem here. Katalon studio is unable to click on any element. works fin in chrome, firefox and edge.

thanks

I have no issues running Test Cases, Test Suites and Test Suite Collections in IE Browser…
IE v11.0.9600.19002
iedriverserver.exe (v3.6.0.0)

Please follow these instructions to allow IE v11 to work properly with Katalon Studio:

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Internet+Explorer+Configurations

If you have a different version if IE 11, you may need to use a different IE WebDriver version (e.g. v3.1 or v3.12)

David Edmondson said:

I have no issues running Test Cases, Test Suites and Test Suite Collections in IE Browser…
IE v11.0.9600.19002
iedriverserver.exe (v3.6.0.0)

Please follow these instructions to allow IE v11 to work properly with Katalon Studio:

https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Internet+Explorer+Configurations

If you have a different version if IE 11, you may need to use a different IE WebDriver version (e.g. v3.1 or v3.12)

In reference to setting a registry entry (FEATURE_BFCACHE) for IE11, I do not have this entry and am not having any issues. Is this entry absolutely necessary?

I don’t remember which IE Browser issue is resolved with that registry setting, but I have not noticed any negative consequence with having it entered on either of my PCs (Windows 7 & Windows 10)…

I am having the same issue as most people on this post. I have test cases that work completely fine in Chrome or Firefox. It gives the same issue, Unable to click on any element etc…

I have also followed the configuration rules in the katalon docs and it did not resolve the problem. Please assist

2 Likes

Try deleting your IE driver instances. curl-alt-del and run again. Basically kill the ie driver before run! What version of driver you using and what version of katalon

@David_Edmondson May I know where to download the driver? I have already tried the IE configuration you sent, but it still doesn’t work

Belinda,

The following link is to the SeleniumHQ Downloads page:

https://www.seleniumhq.org/download/

Choose the “Internet Explorer Driver Server version 3.14.0”

David

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.