How to use Katalon for Azure DevOps

Hi,

Below is my example data : DATA:
Test Suite A: 5 test cases
Test Suite Collection: Test Suite A

In my YAML file I gave, -testSuiteCollectionPath, while running the in Azure Pipeline, I can see it runs both the Test suite A and Test Suite Collection both.
Which results: 2 Runs >> 10 test cases passed instead of 5 Test cases passed.

Hi @qamar.zaman, If you want use Katalon in Azure devops, you must purchase a katalon license. Thanks

Hi @drashti.bhimsaria, you should use Katalon v7.3.0 to try again.
Thanks

@anhtuan, I updated my version to 7.3.0 , but no changes. It is executing both test suite and test suite collection which gives the wrong test cases count in the report/test summary.

Hello Guys,

I am able to execute test cases which are defined in katalon studio using micrsoft hosted Agent but i want to automate using Azure Devops Test Plans and pipeline… can anyone help me to do this…that would be great help thanks

Hi @asingh
You can visit here to setup run Katalon Studio in Azure Devops. If you have any questions, please reply here.

I have already followed that and able to manually run test cases from the pipeline created in katalon by putting the project on the azure repo. But I am not finding a way to associate Devops Test Cases from Test plan to Katalon.
I want katalon to execute all test cases in the pipeline as automation. I hope i am clear exactly what I want.

If I can connect with support team that would be good.

HI @asingh
You should run your command in your computer. In the Katalon Azure DevOps plugin just run the command in the project you set up.

Thanks @anhtuan

I have completed everything now I want to associate Azure Devops Test Cases to Katalon Test Cases.
Please let me know if this is possible yet or not.
At this moment I want this as mentioned in the below image.

1 Like

will this be available for mobile testing results?

hello,
sorry for bothering but I have problem with using Azure
in the instruction
step 1_ In Azure DevOps, add task Execute Katalon Studio Tests to your list. You can quickly lookup Execute Katalon Studio Tests from the search box or find it under the Task category.
but I couldn’t find (add task button)
(note: I have installed the extension)

Hover over the pipeline on the right and click More

Then click Edit Pipeline

You will then be redirected to the Edit pipeline page which has tasks on the right to choose from

2 Likes

@safrazd yes it is there! … thank you very much

Hi @asingh
This feature is not support. Thanks

Hi
Am having issues in setting up Azure Devops for Katalon.
below are my settings

and the error i get is

According to your version in the console log it is null, can i see your yaml file?

@safrazd

steps:

• task: katalon-llc.katalon.katalonTask.katalonTask@0
    displayName: ‘Execute Katalon Studio project’
    inputs:
    version: 7.2.1
    executeArgs: ‘-retry=0 -testSuiteCollectionPath=“Test Suites/V2 Collection” -executionProfile=“default” -apiKey=“01d44323-9b7a-46f1-b3ec-29b448623f43”’

@safrazd

My katalon application in in the folder names as 7.0.8

where as GUI shows as 7.2.1

when tried to run on cli, i get the following error

if these are of any help

@Swapna2

from the console results, theres mention of 7.2.1 as your location which does not match the yaml steps you provided as it would have had location: ‘7.2.1’ appended to it. Therefore instead of downloading katalon it was trying to find a pre-installed katalon studio using 7.2.1 as the location. Please recheck what yaml file was being used. Also the last image shown that your trial license expired

@safrazd

We have purchased a Runtime Engine Devops license on Friday, do i have to add under Online Licence / Registered Machines to use it (if yes, how can i add that)

also, when tried to run on Azure, Failed with Bad Credentials