Could you please help me with below queries :
I have automated few web test cases. Those are running fine . I have also created few test suites for those test cases and running those manually on daily basis via katalon. I have also integrated it with Katalon Analytics
Now I want to schedule the run so that i do not have to run it manually on daily basis. i.e. the requirement is that everyday, all test suits/ test collection should run with no manual interruptions and i can see the details on analytics.
Can someone pleas help me achieving this ?
Thanks for your prompt revert on this. With your help, I was able to generate teh command and execute it from command prompt, however I have below questions
1. i could run it from command prompt but have not worked with batch file before. I am not sure how do I put it in batch file, could you please help me in that ?
2. will it upload the results to katalon analytics ?
3. Where can i see teh logs when I run it from CMD or using batch file ?
You got the solution for this.
Please let me know the solution for this query.
Even i have same requirement, I need to run some of the test cases on daily basis.I need the results through mail
Please help me on this
This page has most of the information you need, but here’s a quick summary.
- Create a new batch file (.bat extension) and open it in any text editor.
- In the batch file, you will need to change directory to where the katalon.exe is located, for example:
CD "C:\Katalon Studio"
- After this line, paste your command that you generated inside Katalon Studio. For example:
katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath="..." -retry=0 -testSuitePath="..." -executionProfile="default" -browserType="Firefox (headless)" -sendMail="..."
- For the
-sendMail option, specify the email address or addresses (in a semicolon separated list) that you want the email to be delivered to.
- Double click the batch file to execute it, or use Windows Task Scheduler to run the task automatically.
This assumes that you have email configured correctly for the project in Project Settings > Email. (You don’t actually need to specify any recipients within project settings if you’re using the
sendMail option with the command.)
As for the logs there is an option to attach them to the email, although I haven’t tried this. You can view them in Katalon Studio in the normal way (under Reports) or there are further command options related to logging. I can’t comment on Katalon Analytics because I do not use it.
Here’s a copy of the batch file I use to execute my company’s tests, I’ve declared the email addresses as a variable to make it a bit easier to add or remove addresses from the list:
SET "email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org"
CD "C:\Katalon Studio"
katalon -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath="C:\..." -retry=0 -testSuitePath="..." -executionProfile="default" -browserType="Firefox (headless)" -sendMail="%email%"