How to run a test case when trial expired

Hello,

I installed Katalon standalone edition and was using it fine. But, after the trial got expired, I can’t run any test cases it says that it’s a premium feature. How can I run the test case in free mode?

What is “it” you mean?

You wrote that you can not run any test case in the Standalone Edition. I don’t believe that is the case, as I use the Standalone edition too and I can run any test cases without any problem.

Please study your case more carefully and identify the reason of the message. You should identify which premium feature your test cases are using.

Once identified which premium feature you used, you can get rid of it. Then your test case will run.

2 Likes

Hi @sislam902,

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to Katalon Community! :wave:

As kazurayam mentioned above, can you let us know the “premium feature” in question that your test cases are using by taking a screenshot/video recording of you running your test case and/or reproduce your test steps below?

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
My bad, it seems like the test cases with data-driven approach were not running in the Standalone edition after the KSE trial ended. Don’t know if data driven test case running is a premium feature or not. Also, the file I used was in CSV format. Let me know if you have any info on it.

Hi,
It seems like the test cases with data-driven approach were not running in the Standalone edition after the KSE trial ended. Don’t know if data driven test case running is a premium feature or not. Also, the file I used was in CSV format. Let me know if you have any info on it.

As far as i know, data driven testing is a free feature.
But it depends on what kind of approach you took.
E.g binding at tescases level may be a licenced feature, binding at testsuite level should work with free.

Also, using custom DB connectors is subject to licensing as far as i know.

carefully check your settings, usually when you attempt to change something, you will be notified with ‘this is blah blah’

You should read the doc and find which feature is charged.