How to resolve the chromedriver issue pop-up message "Error loading Extension" -failed to load exten

how to resolve the chromedriver issue pop-up message “Error loading Extension” -failed to load extension from “c:\user\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dirxxx\internal.Loading of unpacked extensions is disabled by your adminstrator”

how to resolve the chromedriver issue pop-up message “Error loading Extension” -failed to load extension from “c:\user\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dirxxx\internal.Loading of unpacked extensions is disabled by your adminstrator”, I want to resolve this issue in the manual UI in other words -> Project -> Settings -> Execution -> Default -> WebUI -> Chrome

3 Likes

harsha.kc@outlook.com said:

how to resolve the chromedriver issue pop-up message “Error loading Extension” -failed to load extension from “c:\user\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dirxxx\internal.Loading of unpacked extensions is disabled by your adminstrator”

how to resolve the chromedriver issue pop-up message “Error loading Extension” -failed to load extension from “c:\user\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dirxxx\internal.Loading of unpacked extensions is disabled by your adminstrator”, I want to resolve this issue in the manual UI in other words -> Project -> Settings -> Execution -> Default -> WebUI -> Chrome

Hi team, I encountered the same (see above screenshot). Below are the environment specs I’m using to run Katalon Studio:

- WIN 10 Enterprise 64-bit

- Controlled environment i.e. VDI

- Katalon Studio ver 5.8.6

- Google Chrome ver 70.0.3538.77 (64-bit)

Hope to hear soon fro you. Many thanks in advance.

Certify_Chrome_Error.jpg

chorme_error.png

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue as the above on Windows 7.

@Katalon Studio
Help us to resolve this issue.

Did some body found any resolution to this issue?

I experienced a similar issue. I think the issue was caused by the characters in the path to folder from where I was running Katalon Studio. After moving the entire Katalon Studio folder to the local “Documents” folder on my machine (which changed the path to be something shorter and without spaces or hyphens), the issue went away. Might be worth a try.

do not use webui open browser use this instead.

import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver as WebDriver
import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver as ChromeDriver
import com.kms.katalon.core.webui.driver.DriverFactory as DriverFactory
import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptions as ChromeOptions

System.setProperty(‘webdriver.chrome.driver’, ‘C:\Users\0811127\Downloads\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.1.5\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.1.5\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32\chromedriver.exe’)

ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions()

options.setExperimentalOption(‘useAutomationExtension’, false)

WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options)

DriverFactory.changeWebDriver(driver)

WebUI.navigateToUrl(‘http://10.140.40.85/scgAssessments/StormWater/StormHome’)

1 Like

i am also getting this error. can anyone help here? i tried doing Project–>Settings–>Desired Capabilities --> Chrome and added useAutomationExtension as false

Our Company shares a similar fate.

We wrote an bug-ticket on Github:

Current Result: Katalon Studio v7.4.0 can’t execute chrome extensions in Google Chrome v83, when there is an active whitelist. You need to wait for an newer Version which supports it.

Cause: chrome extensions are loaded local from a folder (unpacked).
In comparison the Firefox extension is working (packed and signed).

I would recommend to leave this thread as it is and write an comment on the bug-ticket above too.
That should increase the significance of this error better an should lead to an accelerated resolution.

Hi , Did we find any working solution for Failed to Load extension error popup coming while recording from Katalon for Chrome browser. I am using version 7.6.2 Katalon.

@joel.fradkin
Great solution. Our team worked with Selenium before making a switch to Katalon. Since we could handle the pop-up in Selenium before, so I figured the solution for Katalon would be Selenium deja vu.

My only change was to replace single quotes with double quotes.

System.setProperty(“webdriver.chrome.driver”, “C:\Users\0811127\Downloads\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.1.5\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.1.5\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32\chromedriver.exe”)

Hi everyone,

The issue of loading unpacked extensions on Spy, Record, Smart Wait features is currently resolved by Katalon Compact Utility.
Please find its information here: https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/katalon-compact-utility.html#configuring-and-using-katalon-compact-utility-with-chrome-profile.

Thank you all for your attention,
Nam Nguyen.